PDA

View Full Version : please help-possibly from denture wearers

pussy cat
20-06-11, 00:04
hi all - i haven,t used this forum in a long time as everything appeared better however something has happened & i,m off again - i wear a top set of dentures & have done for many years without a problem i only ever take them out to clean them-where the plate finishes at the roof of the mouth i can always feel a slight ridge with my tongue-not a problem only if i have been eating/sucking a lot of sweets/gum & it gets sore-i leave off the sweets for a few days & it goes-however 6 days ago (after again chomping on sweets excessivly)it was sore but a little bit in the middle was more sore & bleed-nothing that i can see but it seems that it wont heal & has bleed on a few occasions-if i run my tongue over it it feels a little swollen & then bleeds & goes flat-could it be an ulcer,do they bleed? & what is the best thing to get it to heal-please help i,m really panicking & am terrified of the dentist so please don,t tell me to go

miss_moose
20-06-11, 12:59
Have you tried Corsodyl Mouthwash? Dentists reccomend it, I have it because i'd been having trouble with a wisdom tooth that was making my cheek and gum sore.
It's medicinal, it helps sores and uncers and kills any bacteria you may have in your mouth x

countrygirl
20-06-11, 14:22
I have upper dentures and like you always have that slight ridge where they end, if we didn't they would fall out all the time:D. Excessive sucking or chewing will cause a tiny tiny ulcer that can take ages to heal up like a week or two. My dentist says leave anything at least 4 weeks and if not sign of healing then go and see him but that means no sucking sweets as well!

pussy cat
20-06-11, 22:28
miss moose & country girl
thank you both very much for your replies-i will get some cordysol-it can only help matters-so far today it hasn,t bleed - keeping my fingers crossed-it,s been a week tonight since it started-also i didn,t mention it before but i use an inhaler(4xpuffs a day) that contains steroids-as far as i know steroid cream can thin the skin so i wonder if inhalations of it could also thin the skin in your mouth ?
thank you both once again-i really appreciate it

Trish
22-06-11, 11:01
I get a sore mouth and I use inhalers and that's with a spacer!! So you could have a touch of oral thrush...nothing to worry about, just ask your GP for some Daktarin (not right spelling:blush:) gel, it works for me:)
Trishx

Cags48
16-07-14, 21:39
I'm about to get an immediate upper denture I'm terrified and worried about not being able to talk etc , any advice would be appreciated :)