PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety or Heart Problems

junie7
20-06-11, 11:38
I started having panic attacks and anxiety in October 2009 and I've suffered on and off since then. I'm now worried that it might be more than just anxiety though. Whenever I do anything physical and I don't mean anything too physical it could be like lifting something, walking too fast, run for the bus, I feel unwell. The symptoms I get are very much like the anxiety symptoms, light headed, nauseous, cold and clammy and I get the usual rising in my chest and neck and thinking this is it I'm a gonna!! I had this yesterday and it's still here today a bit. I'm really taking things at a very slow pace as I feel scared. Can't help thinking it's heart related. My blood pressure is fine and heart rate is about 60 resting. Any ideas. I am reluctant to go back to the doctors as I don't think they understand and I feel such a time waster.

molly36
20-06-11, 15:01
HI there i can totally relate to this .When i do any sort of activity i feel the same ,my doc says it is because or bodies are tense and stressed all the time anything that gets our heart rate up or breathing faster sets off even more tension .I get that rising feeling also in chest and neck its not nice but it is panic.I also find even cleaning or going up stairs sometimes totally exhausting ,we tend to overbreath also wich makes activities so much harder.You def dont have a heart problem just awfull panic and anxiety.kind regards molly xx

ciccone-hassell
20-06-11, 15:25
the feelin the same as i been suffering if your really worryed i'd visit your gp " i'm prob lucky my gp very understanding " so they should help even if they gave you sumthing to help u relax ,, i can 10000% understand your feelings even tho i've had 2 ecgs and a 24hr hosler test in dec 2010 and my doc asuring me i'm fine i STILL think i've go heart problem , he's restarted me on amitriptyline hopin that will get rid of pains in chest + body for me ,, kindest regards and keep us posted how u get on :)

junie7
20-06-11, 15:30
Thanks Molly I hope you're right. I was feeliing great yesterday and I took my blood pressure which was fine although my heart rate seemed a bit low at one point at 55 so for a few minutes I moved around doing a few excercises to raise it, nothing much though and the next minute I feel absolutely dreadful. And now it's like I've triggered something and the anxiety feeling is there in my chest and neck and I feel tired.
I hope it goes away soon. I want to excercise to get fit but all I'm able to do is walk. My anxiety seems to like walking!

junie7
20-06-11, 15:37
Hi Ciccone,

I've had several ECG's and the holtor fitted and blood tests. All seems to be well.
I've not had any chest pains thank goodness but sometimes I get a sore vein in my arm which goes when the anx has passed.
I am a very calm and relaxed person so I don't know why I am suffering like this.
Just having a bad few days at the moment. Think I might pop and see my GP again. I'm not taking any meds but I'm sick of feeling like this so perhaps it's time to start taking something.

serendipity
20-06-11, 16:52
This sounds just like me.

I've pushed myself to exercise the past few days and did loads of cleaning ironing etc and my anxiety is bad since.

My chest feels heavy and full and I had a funny tightness and tingling in head earlier too.

Worried its my heart. Also got pains in my stomach under ribs.

Is it tension?? I notice I do panic when I exercise properly and that makes me more tense.

So desperate to get fit and feel this is going to hold me back!!

Seren :weep: