PDA

View Full Version : A Rare One!

Whitetrash
20-06-11, 12:25
So this weekend i noticed i was bitten by a mosquito (let me add that im presently living in Perth Western Australia)

All was good, not too worried about it till i hear about Murray Valley Encephalitis which is a disease spread by Mosquito's in the area and i am now over run with panic and have no idea what to do. Im out of my comfort zone, awy from my loved ones and really need some support :weep:

countrygirl
20-06-11, 14:24
Being from the Uk I obviously have no expierence of mosquito borne diseases but if you feel okay and the bite is not showing signs of infection then wait and see. IF you started to feel unwell as in a def raised temp on thermometer etc then seek help.

I do live on a saltmarsh with mosquitios in this country and they bite something awful in August and September and loads of people here get infected bites but of course no nasty diseases. I find that putting neat tea tree oil on my bites about twice a day stops them getting infected.

Whitetrash
21-06-11, 12:28
Visited a lovely Local Dr today who restarted my Sertraline script... Hopefully the road ahead will be less rocky again soon