PDA

View Full Version : Scared I may have cancer

lbwhite89
20-06-11, 12:50
Let me start by saying that I have a lot of issues with anxiety regarding my health. One symptom and I automatically have some awful disease. However, knowing that doesn't stop me from scaring myself to death when symptoms do appear.

On Saturday, I went to the river with my fiance. That night, I noticed two bruises: one small one on my knee and one perfectly circular medium-sized one on my arm. I know it's the river and there's rocks and plenty of ways to get bruises, but I don't remember bumping myself. It's only been two days, but it doesn't seem to be getting any better.

Of course, my mind automatically goes to that "unexplained bruises = leukemia" place. I'm a 21 year old female and I know it's unlikely, but it's possible. Last night when I flossed my teeth, which I normally don't do, my gums bled. I didn't see the blood but I tasted it. I know it's totally normal for gums to bleed after flossing if you don't normally floss, but I tasted a little bit of blood in my mouth after brushing my teeth this morning.

Finally, when I woke up this morning, I had this feeling of dizziness and nausea. I laid back down and got an hour more of sleep, but I still felt kind of nauseous and sweaty when I got ready this morning. I thought maybe I was dehydrated so I drank a bottle of water. I feel a little better an hour later, but I still feel a little sick.

I don't have health insurance and if I went to the doctor every time I had a symptom like these, I'd be living in the poor house. Do these symptoms even warrant a visit to the doctor? How long does it take a bruise to heal on a healthy person?

I'm sick of living my life constantly worried that I'm sick.

anxietyoverload
20-06-11, 13:55
Hi

I get bruises all the time, from the slightest knock, if you were out having a good time and just had a knock, you probably wont of noticed it :)
I had a horrible black mark under my big toe and it turned out to be a bruise, which would of had to have taken quite a knock, but i cant remember doing it at all!! i was freaking out i had skin cancer, it took about a month to go x