PDA

View Full Version : Hi, Im a newbie!

JoJo229
20-06-11, 15:07
Hi All,

Im new to this site but had browsed it a few times over the past few weeks. Can't believe I hadn't found it earlier as the support seems huge and really positive to see :) I've been suffering from anxiety for over a year... regular panic attacks..often trips to the docs/A&E..However this is my 2nd week of feeling constantly anxious on a daily basis. Im not sure what's triggered it to stick with me continuously but I really feel fed up of it now.
Common symptoms of mine include tight sternum (as though I need to relieve a pressure from my breastbone/lower rib) Dr prescribed me Zantac which Im not expecting to remove symptoms as I've had them for so long(and have tried gastro resistant medication in the past).. Numbness in hands/arm/legs...pressure band around head... the list goes on. I've somehow convinced myself I have a stomach ulcer but the doc keeps telling me it's anxiety. Why I can't just take his answer and run into an anxious free lifestyle really does baffle me..but I'm trying. My next step is anxiety therapy organised through my GP. Im awaiting an appointment but would be interested in finding out if anyone has tried this and if it worked for them?

Thanks,
An anxious JoJo!
x

diane07
20-06-11, 15:08
Hi JoJo229

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.