PDA

View Full Version : Hello, this is my first post

Landers
20-06-11, 15:54
Hi Everyone,

I found this forum fortunately I think just yesterday and decided it had to be part of my plan (To overcome my anxiety that is!)

I suffered for a long time from uncontrollable anxiety attacks, and it nearly ruined all that I was (This was maybe 6 years ago). Following a series of CBT and a shake up of my life and environment (Moving into a new work position, relationship ended, and beginning education) the anxiety attacks ceased, and in an average year since I've had only one or two, of which only a few have driven me into actual anxiety and have left only the physical symptoms.

Until this year that is. I have experienced an increase again, specifically of health-anxiety, which has become a terribly detrimental force in my life which I am now starting to work on controlling. (Cancer, DVT and heart issues are my major ones). At the moment it seems every time I learn or hear of something new affecting someone my age (20s) I will start to feel the symptoms of it, and have thus gone in circles.

So I'm here to try and get myself back on line - Hopefully I can be of support to others, too.

Best wishes :)

diane07
20-06-11, 15:58
Hi Landers

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.