PDA

View Full Version : Please help-Blackouts?

Abby1
20-06-11, 16:12
Hello,please can anyone help me? I am currently on Mirtazapine (15mg) HRT (low dose) ,Vitamin B12 and Macca (a supplement that is surposed to help with menopause problems from the internet). I have recently noticed i am almost 'blacking out' for a few seconds,maybe a minute and i have little awareness of whats happened around me-it is terrifying. I have been concentrating a lot at work but i am worried i will be doing something wierd whilst i am 'out of it' and lose my job,home etc. Sorry if this sounds crazy/silly. I would appreciate any help,support or advice. Has anyone else gone through this? I am worried i am going crazy?

LucyR
20-06-11, 16:24
Hi, Are you sure you are actually blacking out and not just feeling a bit faint? If you feel faint and panic, it can make you feel as if you are at the point of blacking out and it may just be sheer panic?

Abby1
20-06-11, 16:30
Hi,thanks for your reply,it is so hard to explain to be honest. It is like i am going into a day dream almost (not a great description) and i am so worried i am going away from reality and going mad. I am terrified this is it,i will go crazy.

LucyR
20-06-11, 17:17
Hi, Not a blackout though is that? Just sounds like mind wondering and anxiety making you just about fall over, or, at least feel as if you are about to.

Abby1
20-06-11, 17:31
Hi,no not quite like a blackout,i couldnt find the words to describe it really,im just so worried/anxious that i am drifting away from reality. Its like i am in a bubble in a way and cant hear others,only for a brief few seconds,at the most a minute. It is so frightening. I am also not sure what day it is half the time.

Abby1
21-06-11, 06:21
Sorry to keep asking but can anyone help with this-i am worried i am going crazy. Thank you.

DontPanicMrMannering
21-06-11, 06:35
Abby your definatley not going crazy get that out of your head, you may have an anxiety disorder though which most people in this forum have, you need to speak to a Doctor so that he/she can put your mind at rest, dont use Dr Google though because he usually tells everyone they might be seriously ill.
That unreality fading away sensation is classic anxiety the more you think about it the worse it gets.

Dale xx

Abby1
21-06-11, 06:41
Abby your definatley not going crazy get that out of your head, you may have an anxiety disorder though which most people in this forum have, you need to speak to a Doctor so that he/she can put your mind at rest, dont use Dr Google though because he usually tells everyone they might be seriously ill.
That unreality fading away sensation is classic anxiety the more you think about it the worse it gets.

Dale xx
Thanks for your reply Dale,i try to keep busy and not think about the anxiety but it is like going into a daydream and losing track of reality. I think its hard as i have very few people to talk to about this-hence going on this site and it is makes it worse trying to hold it all in. also i am possibly about to go into the menopause,which has awful symptoms as well,thanks again.