PDA

View Full Version : Hey yes im new

becksfan86
20-06-11, 18:14
Hi all, i am new to the forum, i hope i can make a few friends here and talk about my problems.
I suffer with anxiety, at this moment in time its quite bad, im on medication Citroplam 40mg, it used to work now im not so sure.

Ive suffered with it on and of for 7 years, last few months ive got worse and feel like im going downhill. I made my first steps today in phoning IAPT which is a Psycholgical theypy my GP refered me too, its been two weeks since i was given the number and only just managed to do it.

My anxiety really is driving me mad, i think about getting pains in my chest all the time, cant sleep and just in a bad way, im worried il push everyone i love away and il be left alone :(

Thanks for reaading feel free to contact me.

Charmaine - West Midlands

diane07
20-06-11, 18:16
Hi becksfan86

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

fifeboy66
20-06-11, 18:53
Hi Charmaine

I'm on citalopram too but only 20mg...i have good and bad days too so dont worry. you wont push the ones that love you away...they will be very supportive. It took me nearly 30 years to go to the doctor so you've done really well.
I've started doing muscualr relaxation before bed and that works really well. I downloaded it from our local nhs support organisation.

Take care.. you will get there. Dave

becksfan86
20-06-11, 20:16
Wow 30 years left untreated? I have a good family and partner around me, im worried il push him away i said to him that earlier, he said dont be silly i am here fo you, i so want to beleive it. Thanks for your message Dave x