PDA

View Full Version : pupils very dilated

lizamoran
20-06-11, 19:16
I'm not on any medication that should cause my pupils to dilate. I noticed that my pupils look much bigger than normal a couple of weeks ago, and they've been consistenly huge (though they seem to shrink to a more reasonable size once nearly every day) since then. Of course, I take this to be evidence of the brain tumor which I probably don't have but perenially worry about any way. My doctor didn't seem concerned- she said there were many things which could cause enlarged pupils (light changes, nervousness- though I don't see that any of these things account for constant dilation) and shined light on both. She seemed satisfied with how the pupils responded and told me not to worry about it.

But I don't understand why they'd suddenly be so dilated all of the time. Have any of you had trouble with this? My dad said he worried about the size of his pupils when he was my age (I'm eighteen). Does age factor, too? (My doctor didn't mention it...) My brother's pupils do seem larger than my parents', but still smaller than mine.

Any advice or recollection of having had (innocuous and not cancer related!) dilated pupils would be enormously appreciated.

The existence of this website, and especially of these forums, makes me a very happy little hypochondriac indeed. :bighug1: Brother/sisterhood!

Whitetrash
21-06-11, 12:26
Hey Elizabeth I hope you're well today!

I have very large pupils most of the day and this has never been a problem for me, try not to worry (hard task i know)

Alex x