PDA

View Full Version : I keep thinking I'm feeling ill

Asteele3
20-06-11, 19:20
I keep thinking I'm feeling ill.
Is it just my anxiety or something else?
I got this stomach bug in 2009 and ever since then, I go for days thinking i've got it again!
The funny thing is that I don't have any stomach pains or aches. I am typing this now and get thoughts of feeling unwell.
How do I get rid of these negative and demoralising thought processes?

Thanks,

Andrew.

VioletWings
20-06-11, 20:59
Hi Andrew,
Have you ever seen the doctor about generally feeling ill? Though it sounds to me like you are fairly sure it's a thought pattern causing your feeling ill. As we all know -the mind can be really powerful and trick you into feeling and believing things!

I would say -when you think of it and feel unwell, do something that helps you ignore the 'ill' thoughts. Maybe like going out for a walk or dropping by to see a friend..
I think the ticket is to really focus on something else, and see if you start feeling well again -and if you do, you can write it off as a 'phantom' bug. But if you're really worried it could be worth just having a chat with your doctor.

Asteele3
20-06-11, 21:59
Hi Andrew,
Have you ever seen the doctor about generally feeling ill? Though it sounds to me like you are fairly sure it's a thought pattern causing your feeling ill. As we all know -the mind can be really powerful and trick you into feeling and believing things!

I would say -when you think of it and feel unwell, do something that helps you ignore the 'ill' thoughts. Maybe like going out for a walk or dropping by to see a friend..
I think the ticket is to really focus on something else, and see if you start feeling well again -and if you do, you can write it off as a 'phantom' bug. But if you're really worried it could be worth just having a chat with your doctor.

Thanks for the advice :) It's going around in a pattern for me at the moment. From Monday to Friday it's generally fine, I get on with things but when Saturday comes and especially Sunday, I start getting these thoughts again!:ohmy: Just recently it was a Friday and all was fine until my family said shall we go out for dinner! That's perfectly normal but everytime I know I've got to eat out, I start to get really nervous. I end up eating my food and am fine until the evening the day after! I'm fine in the day but when it comes to the evening, I have too much time to think and even if I try and get on with things, my thoughts start coming back!:mad: I keep telling myself it's just my thoughts and just get on with stuff and live your life and normally it works. I've felt fine tonight though and have done for 2 years but it's just my thoughts that keep saying I haven't!

Anyway, Sorry for rambling on!:D

VioletWings
20-06-11, 22:48
Thanks for the advice :) It's going around in a pattern for me at the moment. From Monday to Friday it's generally fine, I get on with things but when Saturday comes and especially Sunday, I start getting these thoughts again!:ohmy: Just recently it was a Friday and all was fine until my family said shall we go out for dinner! That's perfectly normal but everytime I know I've got to eat out, I start to get really nervous. I end up eating my food and am fine until the evening the day after! I'm fine in the day but when it comes to the evening, I have too much time to think and even if I try and get on with things, my thoughts start coming back!:mad: I keep telling myself it's just my thoughts and just get on with stuff and live your life and normally it works. I've felt fine tonight though and have done for 2 years but it's just my thoughts that keep saying I haven't!

Anyway, Sorry for rambling on!:D

Hehe, don't apologise! I can also understand your worry in connection to eating out due to that stomach bug -but remember you'll have the immunity to that particular bug now because it's been and gone! Keep ignoring those negative thoughts, tell them to go away, because they're not true! :D