PDA

View Full Version : Annoying symptoms

Joeturner2
20-06-11, 22:23
Just wondered if anyone had amy tips on dealing with the following symptoms as i am meant to b going away saturday

Shortness of breathe
Feeling hot flushed but im not
Back ache/leg ache
Palps/ shaking

RLR
21-06-11, 01:03
These symptoms are classic for significant anxiety. Realize that the level of anxiety which induces physical symptoms exists well beyond that of mere situational anxiety. In many instances, the affected individual may not even recognize the origin of such anxiety because it often becomes distorted over time by irrational thought patterns.

Shortness of breath is often perceived by persons who engage in shallow breathing as a consequence of anxiety. Realize that such breathing patterns often produce mild imbalance in blood gases, such that too much CO2 is expelled. Flushing sensations are typically the result of epinephrine (adrenaline) spikes that are again, the result of significant anxiety. Back ache and other musculoskeletal complaints are most often the result of muscular tension. Benign palpitations are merely the consequence of wayward vagus nerve impulses which stimulate the heart among other terminal endings and do not constitute a sign that the heart is experiencing difficulty. Tremulousness, or fine motor tremor is another classic sign of anxiety.

I see nothing here that warrants concern but if the symptoms persist more another 2 weeks, it's always advisable to be examined by your primary care physician since the internet is definitely not the place to seek diagnosis of any type and should never supplant direct evaluation by your doctor.

Best regards,

Rutheford Rane, MD (ret.)

Joeturner2
21-06-11, 22:57
I have had these for about 4 weeks now they just feel like there getting worse, anyone got any tips hate feeling like this 24/7