PDA

View Full Version : im scared to exercise

vaughn110979
20-06-11, 23:02
im a health anxiety sufferer sufferd for years im now scared to exercise because my heart rate will go up and my blood pressure and then when i have finnished exercising im going to have panic attacks which makes me feel like that will double the heart rate and give me a heart attack with the worry and anxiety

vaughn110979
20-06-11, 23:11
i have had an ecg and guess what its fine

vaughn110979
20-06-11, 23:11
untill the next time

vaughn110979
20-06-11, 23:12
then the next time

vaughn110979
20-06-11, 23:15
perhaps one day i will realise these panic attacks i suffer daily r NOT going to kill me i do i do ermm i think ermm no this time it will cause some damage to my heart i know it ermm hang on im still here hang on my hearts designed to go fast and faster i have no blockage im fine ermm i think

xhyperyogix
20-06-11, 23:16
Exercise will help beyond anything else!! Believe me x x

vaughn110979
20-06-11, 23:18
to all of us who suffer this is so real but ask yourself this r we dead yet ermmmm no this is in our heads lets take the fight to the core

londonchris
20-06-11, 23:21
Your heart is a muscle, the harder it beats the stronger it will become, hence exercise is good for our hearts. I understand what you mean when you say until the next time though.

chris22
21-06-11, 01:42
Your heart is a muscle, the harder it beats the stronger it will become, hence exercise is good for our hearts. I understand what you mean when you say until the next time though.

very true the more we exercise the more your muscles grow including the heart making it easier to pump blood meaning a healthier heart, i would say to anyone who suffers from anxiety this is the 1st thing they should take up, exercise has been my saviour anyway, i hope you can overcome this fear mate.

Whitetrash
21-06-11, 12:19
Execise became like a drug for me, endorphins are addictive and can make you feel so good. I had Heart Failure a few years ago so i was racked with panic when i started running again. My advice:

Enlist a good friend and explain how you feel and get them to be there for you, my old training partner was incredible and gave me back so much confidence but then he was a special kind of person and i could trust him with my life. Thrust over the other side of the world without this, the bestest of friends i can shake off panic attacks just by putting on my trainers and imagining him next to me spurring me on to push harder and not to give in.

Find yourself one of these friends and you're set!

Good luck and don't give in...

haynsey
21-06-11, 17:13
Hi vaughn,
I get the same thing after exercising i go into panic attacks too, i use to do lots of running 5 times aweek, but now i cannot because i get panicky and it is awful, so i gave up running and exercising