PDA

View Full Version : worried stress is gonna kill me :(

lindajane1971
21-06-11, 00:32
Hey everyone hope you are feeling better than i am :flowers:

this last few days i have been so so stressed and i fear that im going to do myself some harm if i continue like this.
For some strange reason just everything this week has made me on the verge of a breakdown, ive been snappy with the hubby and the kids, even the simple task of making supper has left me so stressed and i have no reason why.
Tonight i was having major probs trying to get music from my compter into my iphone and after a hour and a half trying to figure it out i could feel my blood literally boiling in my veins!! I was just so annoyed and stressed with it and then i started to get chest pain :(
In the end i deleted my iphone and started again from scratch which has erased all my music and im just mad about it!!
I know i can slowly put my music back in the phone but i just feel im on the edge of a never ending pit of despair!!

Im going to glasgow on wednesday to see take that and ive been waiting like 15 years for that and instead of being excited im just feeling so awful.... and what on earth is this chest pain???????? im so scared ive stressed my heart out and its on the verge of collapse like me!!

:(

molly36
21-06-11, 08:01
Hi linda i feel exactly the same as you some days its as if the tension builds up in your body so bad you feel like your going to explode.Its a horrid feeling ,i find it worse a week before my period .I like you fear it is going to cos my heart or body some sort of damage as it feels so intense.You are still young so it wont do any damage it just will make you feel lousey .Try and enjoy the take that concert .Is it at the secc or hamden park.I live in glasgow .Once your there you will forget about your symptoms if only for a few hours.kind regards molly xx

lindajane1971
21-06-11, 08:23
Hi molly, thanks, it's at hampden, never been there before and staying overnight in a bnb and now concerned I feel like this when I'm away, didn't sleep a wink last night!

molly36
21-06-11, 08:54
Hi linda you probably will feel anxious when you are away but i bet it will ease when the concert starts.Just try and think nothing awful has happened to you up till now so it not going to just because you are going away for the night.Thats what im trying to tell myself as im going away for a week at beginning of july .Im like you i worry myself sick over things sometimes the thought of it is worse than the actual doing it.kind regards molly xx

lindajane1971
21-06-11, 22:39
thanks Molly x

I was at the nurse yesterday to get blood done incase im anaemic - which i doubt - and im very worried about the results of that, nothing medical used to scare me, i had no probs giving blood samples or going with anything but now its just like im so scared any time i go they will tell me i have days to live or something!!!! Its just nuts! I so hate feeling like that :(
Im still not 100% happy about tomorrow, im still getting random chest pains around my heart area, but my sister is coming with me and at least she can drive so thats the only reasurance ive got at the moment......................well that and Gary Barlow LOL
xx

sophiethestar
21-06-11, 22:45
You can't die from stress. And I know it feels like the chest pain is your heart, but it's not. It's the anxiety making you feel like this. I get like that too sometimes. Although anxiety is a real problem, it's not going to kill you. So try not to be anxious about anxiety. :hugs:x

Rachel W
22-06-11, 03:25
I have the same problem. I have been so stressed for so long (OCD at age of 17 and I am now 40, but the last three years have also had health anxiety and grad school on top of it). I literally can't think straight, have palpitations, brain fog that is so bad I can barely read straight or think of words, let alone unable to think on my feet. It is so scary. I also had high cholesterol for many years and now fear that all this is leading to early onset dementia and other issues. I then think, 'okay I am not going to stress anymore' but then I worry about the health stuff that I may have caused and I stress even more. My head literally feels fuzzy and I am so scared right now. Arghhh....