PDA

View Full Version : How other people can drain the life out of you

zam56
21-06-11, 07:41
I have been married for so long that my husband has drained me in all but name.I have listened to his verbal abuse,condemnation,and belittleing me in public.I am angry with myself for putting up with it ,but I have woken up.....
I am seeing a counsellor,which is helping,but I cry most of the time,mostly because he is now having an affair.I know that the situation is not good but dont have friends and not much family.I am starting to get stronger,this is due to him,because I dont respond to his abuse anymore,so I can thank him for that.Sometimes people are depressed because of situations ,others have a more anxiety .But I can say that I WILL GET OUT OF THIS SITUATION,but it will take an little time,just not there yet......

Regards
Marilyn:shrug:

Veronica H
21-06-11, 07:51
:bighug1::bighug1:It's never too late to change your life Marilyn. You can not change other peoples behaviour but you can change your own. The time you were spending tuned in to him can now be used to rebuild your confidence and to get out there with people who will appreciate you.

Vx

Swallowtail
21-06-11, 09:52
Well done Marilyn, you can do it, I left my first husband, albeit over 20 years ago now, and it was the best thing I ever did. Life is too short to live it through others, good luck :hugs:

haziefantasie
21-06-11, 13:07
Hi Marilyn

Well done for standing up to him and getting some help through counselling. I have just come out of an emotionally and mentally abusive relationship so I understand how hard it is to think positively when they have battered you down so much. But you are getting there!! Wish you all the luck in the world, please keep posting and let us know how youre doing :hugs:x

eeyorelover
21-06-11, 13:22
Sending strength, love, and light to you Marilyn!
:bighug1:
xxx
Sandy

Tyke
23-06-11, 02:18
Good luck with this Marilyn. You will get stronger, keep going with the counselling and get as much help as you can.

Tyke