PDA

View Full Version : Breathlessness.. Scars to go out incase I stop breathing!!

fairyclairy
21-06-11, 11:55
Hi everyone,
I got back from my holiday on Sunday.. Iv had quite award week, panicking on both flights, struggling to be around loads of people in the restaurants/hotel etc, fearing I'm gona be I'll away from home and being away from my safe zone which is my bedroom.. As much as I liked sunbathing in the sun, I cudnt wait to get home where I thought my panics/anxiety wud improve again (they were miles better before I went on holiday!)
Im now struggling.. Whilst I was away it was my breathing that I focussed on and it often felt like I was straining to breathe when I was anxious.. I thought that when I got home it'd be fine again, nut how wrong was I!
I can't stop thinking about my breathing, terrified that it's going to stop or I'm going to start wheezing for breath.. I'm constantly making sure I'm breathing, taking deep breaths in, which in turn is straining my chest, throat and back (all of which are now sore)
Iv got no reason why I can't breathe, other than anxiety.. But even though I know it's just anxiety, it's not getting any better.
Is this a common symptom of anxiety?
Has anyone else felt like this before?
I'm scared to leave the house incase I become out of control where I can't breathe.. I have a hair app in an hour and nail app which I'm terrified about going, I'm also back in work tomorrow after 11 days off from holiday.. I can't see myself going out and being ok! My bodys so sore from this tension x

xJust_Sarahx
21-06-11, 14:21
Hi!
I know exactly what you mean and i feel exactly the same. Im basically house bound because i dont dare go out the house incase i cant catch my breathe or just stop breathing, i get visions that even when walking really slow that im not going to be able to breathe and im lying on the floor gasping for air etc, and that scares me so much, so i will avoid anything.

I feel like i cant breathe constantly, all day every day for so many years that its took over my life, i always try to take a deep breath in and i dont always manage to do it and it makes me feellike im suffocating.. like underwater etc. both sides of my neck really hurt when i breathe and my throat feels so strained, and chest pain.. and tightness - where do i start! its torture. I also get it where my chest is wheezy and i feel like i have to cough all the time, i dont smoke and im not over weight, the doctors havnt tested me for anything but they just relate it to anxiety, i find it hard to believe how anxiety can make you feel like this.
I feel sick from it all the time, i just cant do anything, i have to take my 16 week old daughter to get her jabs at 3.30 and im dreading it, but i kinda feel safe because its like a 2 minute walk the doctors from my house, so its like a safety thing i guess. But i never can be left alone in the house much, and i cant go anywhere without my mobile, its always in my pocket and next to me in bed. So yes i feel exactly the same.