PDA

View Full Version : Mean Boss

tt
25-04-06, 03:39
I have a boss that is not a pleasant person. In retail everything is our fault, the customer doesn't spend enough money, etc. there is always a problem and not handled pleasantly. She at the minimun expects managers to work 60 hours a week ( salaried ). My body is running down and I am afraid now everyday going to work. My heart starts beating as I approach the building. I only can hope she will be transfered soon. She is obsessed with her job and it leads to everyone else from there. She is nice to other staff members of course the ones she really likes and the ones that will rate her.
Any suggestions.

TT:)

nell1965
25-04-06, 09:09
Yes,but nothing that wont get you arrested !!
You could try the sneaky approach but this only works if your good at playing humble,trust me it works and you get the last laff all be it inside you.
You could ask her for advice on how to be as good at the job as she is, tell her that you really respect her style of working and would like to model yourself on her,people like her can never resist a bit of flattery and it usually gets them off your back,just do it in private and dont let anyone else in on it,its hard to swallow at first but you will get the hang of it and when you do she will leave you alone and go pick onsomeone else. The other alternative im afraid is to have it out with her ,ask her what her problem with youis and if you cant resolve it, she has a boss too.
hope this helps

I just want my life back
nell
x

Alexandra
25-04-06, 10:31
Hi tt

I had a supervisor just like that too, unfortunatley these people you will find in most jobs (maybe its a special breeding programme LOL). Have you spoken to higher management about this person?

Keep your chin up hun & keep smiling

Take Care

Alex

Many People Will Walk
In & Out Of Your Life
But Only True Friends
Will Leave Footprints
In Your Heart

Forrest
25-04-06, 13:16
I have a boss like that as well!!It sucks always cutting you down throws fits like a little baby always neg but iam now at the point i just shake my head and laugh because he is so stupied the guy dont know what he he doing..lol he try to get you to do ten thing at ones so i pretty much let it go in one ear and out the other

wendy
25-04-06, 19:10
Hi

I also work in Retail (Head office tho not the store so prob a little less time pressure) and can understand where you are coming from, I have been off with anxiety for 14 weeks and am due to return next week, my boss is also awful

Do you have a HR / Personell department? I would either speak to them or your boss with them present if possible and explain how you are feeling health wise and if you havent already done so gain support from your doctor, Your company has legal obligations to support to you health wise and the CAB can advise you on your rights,

I would arranged a structured meeting with your boss, have an agenda with points you want to dicuss and you may just find that realising you are not willing to take the c**p is enough to get them off you back

Good Luck x

tt
25-04-06, 21:09
Thanks everyone!