PDA

View Full Version : Moved house = increased anxiety

haziefantasie
21-06-11, 12:55
Hi Everyone

Well with a lot of help from my family I moved house at the weekend - 150 miles away from my family but am now close to my friends that I went to uni with. Im still signed off work from my old job but am waiting to hear back about a job that Ive applied for here and have also got an interview on thursday.

The past couple of days Ive kept myself busy unpacking my things and have seen my friends a couple of times, but now Ive got less to distract myself Im really starting to stress out!!

My IBS is flaring up, I feel sick all the time again and Ive got no energy to do anything. I really need to go and register at the doctors and get other stuff organised but Im so tired and feel so rubbish. Im worried that I wont get a new job and even if I do Im scared I wont be well enough to start!! Im signed off for another 2 weeks but have handed my notice in to end at the same time so have to get a new job by then. Ive been on fluoxetine for nearly 4 weeks now and I was hoping theyd have kicked in by now but they dont seem to have - what if they just dont work? Im so worried that Ive done the wrong thing in moving, its such bad timing to put so much stress on myself but I needed to get away from my abusive ex partner.

Arrrggghhh Im so sorry to whinge, I just dont know where to turn. My friends know that I suffer from anxiety/depression but I dont want to dump all my problems on them when Ive just moved here and am getting to know them again. And I dont want to worry my family now that theyre so far away from me. I just needed to get all this out of my head :shrug:

haziefantasie
24-06-11, 11:22
Just thought Id give a bit of an update.

Went to my interview yesterday, havent heard if I got the job yet but I think it went well. Ive found the more interviews I go to the more confident I get with them & Im feeling more hopefull that Ill get something.

Im still really anxious & tired but am trying to take it a day at a time & its working at the moment. Im going to go & register with my new doctor today so hopefully I can get an appointment soon & discuss everything with them. Fingers crossed theyre as understanding as my old doctor x

Tyke
24-06-11, 19:04
Hi Haziefantasie

Hope things went well with your new doc. My anti-depressants took five weeks before I felt any benefit, so there is still time. There are others you can try if these really don't work for you. At least you do have a few good friends around you in your new location.

Glad your interview went well. Getting a job is a real boost when you are feeling anxious/depressed. Hope you are successful soon.

Tyke

haziefantasie
25-06-11, 11:53
Hi Tyke

Thank you so much for your reply :hugs:

I was right that it went well - Ive been offered the job! It doesnt start until the end of July so Ill have to claim benefits to tide me over but at least itll give me time to get my head together & hopefully my anti-d's will have kicked in by then. Im already worrying about whether I can cope working again, whether I want this particular job etc but I guess thats understandable in the circumstances. Ive managed to get a doctors appt for next week & have referred myself for CBT aswell so things may be sorting themselves out at last! X

Tyke
26-06-11, 00:20
Congratulations on getting the Job! :yahoo::yesyes:
I started a new job at the point where my anti-d's were only just starting to kick in and I actually think the job helped speed up my recovery! Like you, I was quite worried at first, but it worked out really well in the end. I like the job and the people I'm working with.