PDA

View Full Version : Please help!

BETHAN97
21-06-11, 13:02
Hey,
I'm Beth, and i'm 20 years old.
I haven't been on here for about a year now, as i was eventually much better and was even weaning myself off my propranolol (i was on 80mg a day).
But about 6 weeks ago, i found myself having a relapse, and have been signed off since. My depression was so severe i would hardly leave my bed, and found myself not wanting to talk/see anyone.
I went to my gp, and he started me on citalopram, but after two weeks i found my side effects were terrible, and i could no longer take them. He then started me on sertraline, and i have been on them for about 3 weeks. I have felt a lot better on them, depression wise, but my anxiety is still sky high. I have also read about weight gain on sertraline, and the thought of this petrifies me. Half of my anxiety/depression was from my body image. i weigh around 135lb, but the thought of gaining weight upsets me so much that i feel my depression is starting to creep back and i am finding i am having more bad days than i am good.
I have been signed off work since the 17th of may, and i go back to see my doctor next wed. i am so scared of going back to work, i feel like crying and i also feel as though i will have a panic attack when i think about it. I work at a nursery, and miss the children i look after so much, just the thought of work, and the people i work with scares me so much! I don't know what to do, or what to say to the doctor.
I am having such a down day today, and i could really use some advise.

perseverence
21-06-11, 13:16
Hi Beth Please don,t worry to much my friend,I was taking Sertraline for anxiety and they had no effect on my weight at all,and some friends are on this medication as well with no weight gain,I am now on Citalopram and I have found them to be OK,after a year you say the anxiety has returned but trust me my friend ,it will go again,that I am sure of.Take care