PDA

View Full Version : Blood tests question, anyone know?

k9love
21-06-11, 16:14
Im really scared.

Had blood tests done last week at the hospital.
Just rang docs to see if they are back, and she said a "routine" letter is in the post.

They usually say all is fine over the phone, so does anyone know if they would write to me if all was ok?

Im really panicking now that they have found something wrong.

By the way it was loads of tests not just one.

Thanks for any info.

nomorepanic
21-06-11, 16:26
I would call back and ask them the question to be honest - tell them you need reassurance.

worried91
21-06-11, 17:40
I've had this before. I got a letter through the post asking me to phone the surgery to arrange a routine, non-urgent appointment. I had elevated liver enzymes which is nothing to worry about and will often clear up with minor dietary changes if not by itself (I was told not to drink alcohol and cut down on carbonated drinks and had a clean blood test two weeks later). The fact that is a routine letter means something is a little higher or lower than it ought to be and you'll be told to change your diet slightly or something. I imagine it is quite common in a full blood count to find something very minor that they weren't necessarily looking for.

I don't think they're allowed to tell you what it is over the phone as it needs to be done confidentially by someone medically trained (ie doctor or nurse).

In any case I'm sure it's nothing to worry about at all. There is absolutely no chance they would send a routine letter if it is anything serious.

k9love
21-06-11, 18:01
I've had this before. I got a letter through the post asking me to phone the surgery to arrange a routine, non-urgent appointment. I had elevated liver enzymes which is nothing to worry about and will often clear up with minor dietary changes if not by itself (I was told not to drink alcohol and cut down on carbonated drinks and had a clean blood test two weeks later). The fact that is a routine letter means something is a little higher or lower than it ought to be and you'll be told to change your diet slightly or something. I imagine it is quite common in a full blood count to find something very minor that they weren't necessarily looking for.

I don't think they're allowed to tell you what it is over the phone as it needs to be done confidentially by someone medically trained (ie doctor or nurse).

In any case I'm sure it's nothing to worry about at all. There is absolutely no chance they would send a routine letter if it is anything serious.

Thanks, thats put my mind at rest a bit, its just Ive had blood tests before and they usually say over the phone that theres no follow up needed.

Thanks again:D

Koko
21-06-11, 18:25
I've had a worrying result which my Dr told me over the phone. If it was serious either your Dr would have phoned you or they would have made an appointment when you phoned for the results.

happycamper
21-06-11, 21:07
Hi k9love,

If it's any reassurance to you, I had bloods done a few weeks ago at 11am and on the next morning at 8am the GP telephoned me to say I was quite anaemic. It scared the life out of me...but I was pleased she didn't keep me guessing. x