PDA

View Full Version : Going on vacation tonight...terrified!!! =(

Mark801
21-06-11, 16:18
HEY guys,

Once again, I'm going to visit my gramma and her family and I'm really terrified of flying.

I couldn't sleep at all last night and this morig I woke up with a churing stomach that I was so sure I was gonna puke.:weep:

I haven't even eaten breakfast yet because I have like a million butterflies flying around in my stomach.

I'd really appreciate if ayone who has this fear and has somewhat managed to have a little bit of control to please respond. Last night I was in the chat room and I spoke to one person about it who was very helpful but I woke up this moring with the fear all over again!:weep:

worried91
21-06-11, 19:16
The best I can do to reassure you is to tell you that the flight is the safest part of your journey. Walking out of the airport and crossing the road is statistically far, far more dangerous and I'm sure you do that all the time without worrying about it :)

paula lynne
21-06-11, 19:30
Eat something light, it will help with nausea and sickness. Keep mints with you and a bottle of water. Just do it. I know its scary, but you can do it, and will feel like a million dollars after. It will be a huge achievement.
I took my first flight last year to Edinburgh, which was about 2 hours away. Take some music, and treat yourself to a great book or magazine. Think about spending time with loved ones.

YOU are in control of this. You can decide to be a victim of panic, or just let it be, take the feelings with you and do it anyway. You are stronger than you think. FACING this is the ONLY way to overcome it. You CAN do it.