PDA

View Full Version : Panicky Panicky Panicky...ALL THE TIME!!

Aquarius
22-06-11, 04:20
Hi, I'm very new to this site. I've been dealing with anxiety and panic attacks since about 19, I'm now 28. Recently, my anxiety and panic has increased to a level that I feel I can't control anymore, well I know I can't control it otherwise it wouldn't result in the panic attacks I get on a daily basis, several times a day. I have experienced pretty much every symptom I've read about from other members of this site, the scariest being that feeling of not being a part of your body (I just call out "out of whack") and that shakey feeling that doesn't always show on the outside but is felt on the inside. I'm constantly afraid that there's something terribly wrong with me and in my panic attacks I my initial thought is always the worst case scenario, I must be dying. I've seen a doctor whose prescribed me lorazepam for now until I'm able to start taking the effexor she's prescribed and until it will actually start working. I'm very weary about the medication just cause I'm always scared I might have some bad reaction to it, even though I've never been allergic to any medication. I've also been trying to start seeing a counselor however this has proved to be a more difficult task than I had originally thought. So now I'm here, hoping that I might gain some comfort from others dealing with my same situation and maybe obtain better coping strategies. I've just started a new job where I'm up for a very good promotion but these panic attacks are making things extremelly difficult. There isn't a day that goes by while I'm at work that I don't try to think of a way out, a way home, where I might be able to calm myself down better or at least where my family could rush me to the hospital if I really was dying like I tend to think I am. I always hope to be normal like I think everyone else is (although I know that, that may not be the case cause really, how could I know whether or not the person sitting next to me feels the same way inside). I appreciate this site and hope to not only find comfort for myself and my issues but to maybe help provide comfort for others out there that can understand these feelings. So thank you all in advance!!! :)

diane07
22-06-11, 04:23
Hi Aquarius

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

scrog80
22-06-11, 10:36
i had panic that bad at one time it was impossible to get out of bed....
i have been going on youtube and doing some of the guided meditations on there im not saying it helps every one but it seams to take the edge off for a short time for me any way breathing seams to be the key to calm ... i do use meds and i seam to be a bit better for taking it as i am not as bad as i was but i am still trying every day to fight to be normal like you :(

i think there is a root to all anxiety mine is a fear of death that i seam not to be able to shake i hope one day i will wake up and be normal

Nikki_8
27-06-11, 09:06
i think there is a root to all anxiety mine is a fear of death that i seam not to be able to shake i hope one day i will wake up and be normal

I agree with you.

I think most (if not all) of the anxiety we fear is rooted in our fear to die. People who are suicidal/don't fear death don't fear whatever weird sensations they feel in their body.

So I think the cure to anxiety is to accept the reality of death... and that is difficult!!!

M155anthr0p3
27-06-11, 11:51
I agree with you.

I think most (if not all) of the anxiety we fear is rooted in our fear to die. People who are suicidal/don't fear death don't fear whatever weird sensations they feel in their body.

So I think the cure to anxiety is to accept the reality of death... and that is difficult!!!

Nikki you're right.
Accepting that you're going to die is a hard hard thing. I suffer from health anxiety & it has affected work & my relationshios with people. But I am trying to come to terms with death & accept that it is a part of life.