PDA

View Full Version : ct scan results today from doc,do i have a brain tumour?

mike_coventry_uk
22-06-11, 10:21
i just called the doc and he is ringing me back later with the results of mondays ct scan. i am sooooooo scared. i have been convinced i had a brain tumour for almost 2 years and today is the day im proved right or wrong.

fingers crossed!!!

MinnieMouse
22-06-11, 10:25
All the best Mike! I bet you're wrong...x

no_name
22-06-11, 10:33
It's very unlikely you have, you certainly will be pleased with the news i think

nomorepanic
22-06-11, 11:45
I doubt it is a brain tumour to be honest.

Good luck anyway

Jemski
22-06-11, 16:08
Any news? Hope your worries have been put at ease and results are all clear.

sophiethestar
22-06-11, 17:33
I've got my fingers crossed for you, but I'm sure you're fine. :)

lelespears
22-06-11, 18:33
Good Luck!

I had a MRI 15 days ago and they haven't even written the report on mine!!!!

Lele x

mike_coventry_uk
22-06-11, 23:46
Good news guys! Got the call at 6pm.ct scan 100% clear no bruises,bleeds,lumps or growths. I'm fine. 2 years of constant fear over. I'm soooo happy. Its hard waitin on results but I feel a weight lifted now I cn live my life :)

Thanks for ur kind messages guys x

choccychompa
22-06-11, 23:49
:yesyes::yahoo::yesyes::yahoo::yesyes::yahoo::yesy es::yahoo::yesyes::yahoo::yesyes::yahoo::yesyes:
Sleep well. xxxxx

nomorepanic
23-06-11, 00:06
There you go see Mike - 2 years of worry over at last!

jaynjaylyn
23-06-11, 01:05
I have a question. What were all of your symptoms??? I've had brain tumour worries for 3 years now and its worse than ever lately:weep:.

jessicalittler79
23-06-11, 02:54
AWESOME!!!! iam so happy ur able to rest ur mind hun ...i hope u feel better hun :)

mike_coventry_uk
23-06-11, 08:00
Jayny,

I had every neurological symptom in the book,I will list below. The scary thing I now realise is how the mind can create this. When u suffer health anxiety u truly believe cause the severity of sy$ptoms u have to be ill.I now realise tht is not true. if you get the chance to have a ct scan or mri do it,I find so much comfort from knowing.altho reassurance is a doubled edged sword try nt to let it worry u itself!

My symptoms included,

Lightheadedness,nauseous,feelin of pins n needles,shakes,internal tremors,eyes felt funny,forgetfull,legs felt weak,felt outerbody!

There were more these r the main ones. I also found I avoided exercise for fear I'd collapse.never avoid things u like doing,anxiety is the enemy and has to be beat.

Remember u felt this for 3 yrs,would u nt be dead by now if u had one? Plus the chances anyway are remote. Do not google as best as possible and remember the symptoms for brain tumour can be the symptoms of a million other illnesses. Try to rationalise.if u wake with a headache ask urself ow many other will have today? Then ask urself ow many of them wud realistically have a tumour?

All easier said than done I realise but u can beat ur fears.

Best wishes and take care
Mike x

sophiethestar
23-06-11, 09:52
Woo! :yesyes:

paula lynne
23-06-11, 10:05
Great news Mike! Now, go live your life to the full! :yahoo:

emma930
23-06-11, 12:56
what made you think you had one because i think the same?

mike_coventry_uk
23-06-11, 13:14
hi emma,

well it was the symptoms listed in my post above. but with health anxiety the key is obviously finding the trigger? mine is tht my family history of cancer is very high.so i naturally feel i will die of cancer too. i then develop the symptoms and i link the symptoms to which ever cancer i feel is closely linked. in the past for instance i have had a brain tumour,lung cancer,testicular cancer and throat cancer my other fear is lymphoma.

my advice is to try and get some cbt cause this will help to get to the bottom of your fears and help you realise its the anxiety. i was shocked at how much anxiety can affect your body and i really mean tht!

how long incedentally have you had your fears of a brain tumour? you realise they are very very rare and the symptoms of then are much more noticeable than a little lightheadedness say.

if you have any questions or fears feel free to chat to me anytime,i have lived it and know exactly what it is like!!

take care
mike x

Ellie-Bear
23-06-11, 15:58
So pleased you got the all clear Mike. :yesyes:
Take care.
Ellie