PDA

View Full Version : Please read if you can, thanks guys if you do.

ElectricAlice
22-06-11, 12:18
Argh I just want to ask once more before I get this stupid idea out of my head. Well hopefully I can. But does anyone get this weird pain/wind feeling between their shoulder blades? Sort of feels like you need to burp a lot?

I'm worried about it.

Also my out of breath feeling is back, which is one of my more scary symptoms but I can usually put this down to anxiety seeing as I've survived it at its worse!

The blood test results come back and apparently I have a slightly under active thyroid gland. Very surprising because I'm so thin. I am worried about this as I read somewhere it can increase your risk of heart disease. She hasn't given me any tablets yet because it's so very slightly under active.

I also wanted to ask if anyone here has conquered health anxiety at all? And any tips on how to do it? I feel like I know how but I'm too scared to let go of the worry and the checking.

Thanks for all the times you guys have replied and helped me. I will try to help you out too as much I can. Sometimes it's just therapeutic to write it all out.

anxietyoverload
22-06-11, 12:26
Hi ElectricAlice

I often used to feel out of breath, with pains in my chest, which used to make me panic and almost hyperventerlate.
I feel im almost rid of my anxiety now, well fingers crossed. i woke up this morning and actually looked forward to all the things to come in my life!!
I just thought to my self, that throughout my anxiety iv self diagnosed with a million different ilness's from stomach cancer to mouth cancer, and i have once been right, or even close?? no! no where near. and im not going to live my life like that any more, im 20 years old and im going to get on with my life and enjoy it!!

sophiethestar
22-06-11, 17:57
I think I know what type of pain you mean. A few years ago I used to get this pain all the time in my back and it kinda felt like someone was blowing air fast through a straw into my back, and it hurt. It's really hard to desribe. And sometimes it was like someone shooting needles in my back when I breathed in. Mine just went away on it's own eventually. It comes back sometimes if I'm really stressed out. Hope the pain goes soon. :)

pussy cat
23-06-11, 00:30
hi there,the problem is anxiety/stress & panicky feelings have a lot to answer for-as you know the breathless feeling is down to it & that in turn upsets your whole system-pain between the shoulder blades can be trapped wind caused again by stress & can be very painful & last for age - h.a. does improve & the busier you can keep your mind the better it will be-you also get to the stage when you think "i,ve had that before & nothing happened" then i refuse to think about "that" problem for x amount of days & if i,ve still got it after that i,ll see the doc ! needless to say it never gets to a doctors visit:yesyes: good luck