PDA

View Full Version : Top of my stomach

tricia56
22-06-11, 14:06
hi ive lost alot of wieght thro my anxiety but for the las few days the top of mt stomachbetween my ribs and belly button i keep feeling as if there is a lump there and i can feel it moving around and i can feel a pulse there or something and it feels tight and i keep thinking that it is swollen and im relly panicking now as any one else sufferd this or do they might know what it is thks

sophiethestar
22-06-11, 18:01
Don't worry. We have all sorts of things inside us- bones, muscles and organs etc. We can feel these types of things even when they're not swollen. It's just all more noticable to you now you've lost weight. I've been underweight for as long as I can remember and I'm always feelings lumps and bumps.

lelespears
22-06-11, 18:35
Isn't that some main artery?? It's pretty common i think, I can feel mine it pulses like a heart beat.

Xx

sophiethestar
22-06-11, 20:20
Oooh yeah, I just touched mine and felt it pulsing. :D

honeyp1e
22-06-11, 21:39
I get that feeling usually starts just below my ribs right in the center & can travel right to on top of my belly button can sometimes feel as if my food is stuck there I also get nausea / burning between shoulder blades / light headed / dizzyhead / tiredness & bad wind :( but I suffer with bad acid have u been tested for anything ?

ItchyOne
23-06-11, 10:54
I get this too! I feel a subtle lump in between ribs and belly button area. It's been there for a couple of months. There are times I swear it changes in size (sometimes slightly bigger, sometimes smaller). I was so paranoid that I kept prodding it just to convince myself that it hasn't grown in size. My constant prodding has made it slightly painful and discomforting. Don't do it! ... so anyway, I've already seen 3 GPs over this, and they all tell me not to worry. 2 of them told me it's just a lipoma. i.e. collection of fatty tisue. The lump is so subtle that I have to stand in a certain manner, and direct their fingers to detect it. One of the GPs told me to try this. Lie on my back and prod the lump with two fingers; if you don't feel the lump or don't feel any discomfort, then there's nothing to worry about. Sinister lumps tend to be hard and unmovable.

Since then, I decided not to focus on it. And now, it doesn't bother me anymore. It's still there though.

If I were you, I won't worry over it.