PDA

View Full Version : Advice please???

Tinker
22-06-11, 14:52
Hi,

I am new t this and was looking 4 sum advice if possible. I av suffered from panic attacks an anxiety 4 many years an I am at the point now wer I feel it's takin it's toll livin like this!!!

I went doc an have been givin citro 10mg, I am unsure if this is the way fward??? Is this pill guna make me better, is it addicted, or is this sumthin am gunna need t relay on 4ever now???? And then the side effects t add to it!?!? Any advice wud b gd plz as I cnt go on livin like this any longer, I just want t b me again :)

Thanks

VickiS
22-06-11, 15:31
Hi Tinker

I know how you feel taking medication is like a last resort for most of us, taking something like citalopram is more of a crutch to help you through a bad time, and once you get through it and feel more comfortable you can reduce the cit until you no longer take it all. It's not addictive and yes the side effects aren't pleasant for the first few weeks (although you may not get any at all) everyone's different in how their body reacts to medication.

If your Drs advising you take it then I would go with what he says and see bow you get on :)

Tinker
22-06-11, 17:53
Hi vicki s,

Thanks 4 the adv an post... *I keep telling myself take the tabs or stay the way I am!!! I guess the best option is t give it a try as I dnt c any other options available. An I refuse t live like this any longer, I want t b me again x*:)

VickiS
22-06-11, 18:57
Anytime, I was like you (I had my cit for 3 weeks before I worked up the courage to take it) but I'm so glad I did, it's still early days for me too, I have bad days and quite good days but hopefully will get better as the cit starts to work :)

Tinker
22-06-11, 20:30
Av only had mine a couple of days, but I guess I am guna start them on Monday, a new week and hopefully a new beginning t the new me!!!! C how it goes, thanks and let me no how u get on x