PDA

View Full Version : Heart beating faster or fast pulse when ill.

cassy1989
23-06-11, 07:45
Hi, I'm worried and was wondering if any one else has had this before.
I have got an infection in my mouth caused by my wisdom teeth trying to come through. I went to the doctors yesterday and he gave me anti biotics.

But I have noticed that often either my heart or pulse feels like it is beating really fast. Last night I got up to go to the toilet loads and every time I got back in bed I could feel either my heart beat or my pulse beating fast for ages even when I was relaxed!

Please help!

blueangel
23-06-11, 09:47
Hi there

This is a normal reaction of your body trying to deal with infection. When we have a bacterial infection or a virus, our immune systems spring into action by speeding up our metabolic rate. This raises our pulse and respiration, and body temperature, as our systems are trying to speed up the life cycle of the bug to kill it off. Also, if your teeth are hurting, your pulse will increase as a response to pain - plus you're feeling anxious about it as well.

Hope this helps

choccychompa
23-06-11, 10:33
Completely normal. Please don't worry about this, as this is precisely how my HA started. I wish I could turn back time and realise that my heart beating strong and fast was normal after being ill. xxx