PDA

View Full Version : Eye Test Concern

DavinaR
23-06-11, 09:39
Went for a routine eye test yesterday. While the optician was doing the test - i think it was the one where they shine a bright light into your eyes and you have to look at a green light, she looked in the left eye twice and then went out of the room. She returned about 3 mins later.
She said eye test was okay, no change in prescription.
I am just so worried that she saw something that she wasn't sure about and had to go and check with another optician and perhaps i was on the 'borderline' of having to be referred to GP?
I haven't got to go back for 2 years, and surely if she was unsure she would have told me to go to see Doctor. Am so concerned why she had to leave the room?
Help someone!

blueangel
23-06-11, 09:43
It may be something as simple as she needed the loo urgently!! :)

Honestly, if they had even the slightest thought that something was wrong, they would have referred you elsewhere, and certainly wouldn't have said that you only need to come back in two years' time.

DavinaR
23-06-11, 09:54
Thank you blue angel.
Just feel extra anxious today! I know you are right - just need to convince my brain cell! Perhaps I just needed something else to worry about today!
I appreciate your prompt reply x

Rhys1879SAFC
23-06-11, 11:44
If something was wrong then you definitely would have been told about it. They wouldn't let you just go blind or develop a serious eye problem for no reason!

DavinaR
23-06-11, 12:23
Thank you Rhys

Sometimes this anxiety thing just gets too silly. Thank you for your reassurance.

mike_coventry_uk
23-06-11, 13:29
i have been reffered twice from optician appointments so do not worry.

it is their duty as medical pros to refer u if needed. do you realise how much trouble these ppl get in if they do not refer when needed?

i had a white patch on the back of my eye and he sent me to gp i was scared to death-turned out it was a retinal burn from looking at the eclipse in the 90s with no glasses lol

i also got reffered cos i had blepheritis (inflammation of lower eyelid)

if there was a prob u wd be at ur gp trust me!!

:D

valleybear
23-06-11, 19:17
There is no way that she would not have told you if there was anything wrong and also, if there was anything borderline, she still would have to tell you to make you aware. It was just an unfortunate coincidence that she popped out, but we all know how a simple thing like that can play on our minds! You have nothing to worry about. XX

DavinaR
23-06-11, 19:55
Thank you all for your assurances. I do appreciate all of your posts

This health anxiety is horrible. I hope I have got it into my mind that I have nothing to worry about re the Eye Test.
:D