PDA

View Full Version : diazapam

katyfitz
25-04-06, 17:15
anyone else taking these tabltes ive just been prescribed, diazapam worried about side affects etc. anyone got any tips 4 me x

suzuki
25-04-06, 18:43
Personally i think they are brilliant medication. No side effects whatsever. But the BIG problem with them is long term addiction. Short term they are GREAT big shame they are addictive Suz

nomorepanic
25-04-06, 19:30
Try this ....

How Do I take Diazepam?? (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=9543)

Nicola

india
25-04-06, 19:31
Hi ya, i take these for emergencies! Not had any side effects, but can make you a bit sleepy, so beware if driving.

Love India xx

tara
25-04-06, 19:54
Hi Katy, I have taken them in the past for nearly a year and with the way your feeling i cn only imagine they will be good for you. They will relax you and take the edge off the anxiety.

Tara xx

Jenny
25-04-06, 20:36
I was given some Diazepam 2mgs whilst coming off Lustral. I am going to lots of different places at the moment to broaden my horizon. If I really struggle I take one before I go (although I try not to) Yes they do take the edge of any anxious feelings after 20 minutes. Six months ago I had a prescriptiom for 28 tabs, and in that time I have only taken 6 of them. It is case of they are there if need be, a bit like a comfort blanket, but I would never take them every day.
As the time goes on I know I can achieve things without them.

Best wishes
Jenny xx

darkangel
25-04-06, 21:39
hi katy
they do knock the edge off and make you feel relaxed
watch how long u take them they are VERY addictive - i was on for 3 yrs and very difficult to come off
great for bad moments but try not to rely on
however they will help you get some relief and give u the rest you need
Darkangel

........life is for living not just for surviving

Ma Larkin
26-04-06, 11:38
Hi Katy, Diazepam is brilliant for taking the edge off anxiety. I had a massive panic attack yesterday, I haven't had one for ages, I took 2mg of Diazepam & within minutes I was OK again, whereas usually my symptoms last for a couple of hours. Like everyone else says, they are habit-forming. People do treat them as a comfort blanket, just knowing they are there so its best to take them as & when needed. I'm taking them as I started meds a month ago & they aren't properly in my system yet. I'm hoping once the meds kick in, I can come off the Diazepam.

Les

MrsCluggy
26-04-06, 18:27
Hi Katy,

I think that Diazepam really is just what you need, even if it's just to take whilst you are on your trip. They make nerve racking events just that wee bit more manageable. Be careful with the old alcohol intake though whilst you are taking these tablets.

Jackie xx

If the opportunity doesn't knock .... build a door.