PDA

View Full Version : whats up with me ?

honeyp1e
23-06-11, 18:12
having a really horrible day today woke up at 2am & was ok but all this afternoon i've had this weird feeling like i don't no what i want i mean its a weird i don't no feeling am hungry then i just made a bowl of cereal then had few spoons and then didn't want anymore its like am waiting for something and its really getting me anxious and worried ..... whats wrong with me ?

d85
23-06-11, 18:22
I get that sometimes, and it's horrible. I often worry about something, forget about it and then 5 minutes later realise that I should be worrying about something. Do you think going somewhere/seeing friends might help? Take your mind off it?

uk23
23-06-11, 18:26
I can totally relate, when the anxiety comes without warning my appetite goes and I feel crap, bloated, nauseous and super tired.

somethingwitty
23-06-11, 18:37
It could just be from getting a bad night's sleep. My work schedule means my sleeping pattern is all over the shot, and when I've only been able to get a few hours kip I can't help but be a complete indecisive zombie. Being sleepy also really makes me susceptible to anxiety, so it could be that as well...

honeyp1e
23-06-11, 18:50
i don't feel tired even (when i totally should) its just i feel like my hearts pounding when its not, i just feel like am waiting for something bad to happen and have that horrible sickly feeling :weep: also my throat has been burning lately also just below ribs & back and my stomach wont keep still lol the bubbles/poppin noises
the past week i have been going asleep between 9-11pm & waking up between 2-4am with no sleep in the day x

Dibbler
23-06-11, 19:14
i don't feel tired even (when i totally should) its just i feel like my hearts pounding when its not, i just feel like am waiting for something bad to happen and have that horrible sickly feeling :weep: also my throat has been burning lately also just below ribs & back and my stomach wont keep still lol the bubbles/poppin noises
the past week i have been going asleep between 9-11pm & waking up between 2-4am with no sleep in the day x

Apart from the throat thing (mine is just a little sore) your symptoms sound very much like mine. I promise I will post back if I find an answer and you must do the same :) :D It just surprises me how "hyper" I must be to continue to function with so little sleep when normally I would be sleeping a more regular and longer pattern.

I think that we will both have to write it off to "just" being anxiety.

Hope that you start to feel better soon :)

honeyp1e
23-06-11, 19:28
Apart from the throat thing (mine is just a little sore) your symptoms sound very much like mine. I promise I will post back if I find an answer and you must do the same :) :D It just surprises me how "hyper" I must be to continue to function with so little sleep when normally I would be sleeping a more regular and longer pattern.

I think that we will both have to write it off to "just" being anxiety.

my doc just keeps telling me its all acid/gastritis & anxiety, plus wind am sitting here with my hand on my stomach and my belly is going crazy and just making me feel sickly but its this weird feeling i dont like (like something gonna happen feeling )

somethingwitty
23-06-11, 19:28
Talking as somebody who has a very skewed sleep schedule (I have to jump between American time and British time every few days... doesn't lend itself to having a normal sleeping pattern!), I've found it is really easy to suffer from a lack of sleep without feeling especially tired. When I've had regularly interrupted sleep I get really bad non-specific background anxiety, start to feel run down, feel like my chest has been filled with cotton wool and my heart should be racing, get acid issues as my body doesn't know when to expect meals... it can do odd things go you!

Hopefully some more sleep might help. I don't know how the 'more sleep' bit of that advice can be achieved, but I've felt like you've described quite a lot over the last few years and a few good nights sleep always help.

honeyp1e
23-06-11, 20:05
My stomach is having the worse popping/bubble type movements which is making me nervous & my wind stinks :(

kibbutz83
23-06-11, 20:15
It sounds as though you've got yourself stuck in a vicious circle of anxiety... the physical symptoms are happening because mentally you are in a kind of negative whirlpool. I think if you can do something physical to distract yourself (go for a walk?) you'll find it will ease off. When my anxiety is high(whether I realize it or not) my tummy gurgles and bubbles like crazy.. but because it's doing all these weird things I get stuck believing that I'm about to have a heart attack, which just increases the anxiety... :( You really need to do some exercise I think... good luck

honeyp1e
23-06-11, 20:29
It sounds as though you've got yourself stuck in a vicious circle of anxiety... the physical symptoms are happening because mentally you are in a kind of negative whirlpool. I think if you can do something physical to distract yourself (go for a walk?) you'll find it will ease off. When my anxiety is high(whether I realize it or not) my tummy gurgles and bubbles like crazy.. but because it's doing all these weird things I get stuck believing that I'm about to have a heart attack, which just increases the anxiety... :( You really need to do some exercise I think... good luck

your so right i am stuck in a rut & the vicious circle just keeps spinning :weep: my problem is i don't don't do anything or see any1 i take my kids school & back again while there in school i clean up then just sit watching tv/ read mags or on here i just dont like going out alone :( my mum or dad take me the shops & that but i just hate the way am feeling right now like something is happening or about to happen and my stomach burning raw/ sickly tight feeling and chest burning :(

kibbutz83
23-06-11, 20:35
You've got to break the cycle honey... that may mean forcing yourself to do the things that keep you trapped in this big black hole... I'm not sure you've got any choice really? You need to find the inner strength to "fight back" :) x

mel1972
23-06-11, 20:54
It is a viscious circle, i have days/weeks where i am fine and then BANG just when i have told myself i am finally getting over this HA it hits me right in the face.
I have come away to my best friends for a few days, i have got away from where my normal boring stressy life and have nothing to worry about yet here i am feeling absolute pants and now stressing that i must have something wrong with me. the truth is i think i am coming down with a cold.. .but as you all know its not as something as simple as a cold it's gonna be much worse!
I try to reason with myself and then think what if it is something this time, and i just brush it aside as another anxiety issue.
I am sooo fed up of this and just think maybe i should just accept i am slowly driving myself mad!
I am waiting for counselling but have to get 6 weeks before being reassessed for cbt which i dont want to but i am laying all my hopes on.

honeyp1e
24-06-11, 11:30
yes that's what i am like i have most prob felt this way so many times before but this time and most prob all the other times am thinking (what is wrong with me ? something has to be wrong to feel this way etc....
i have my first appointment today with my new cbt counselor am still on my doc's waiting list but waiting to long so now paying it myself as i no i need to help to change this negative thinking i no only i can stop this way of thinking but no i need some help getting there x