PDA

View Full Version : My grandad. x

allergyphobia
24-06-11, 10:10
My grandad passed away in his sleep last night. He had been fighting his body giving up on him for a long time and he will be at peace now with my grandma. He was 98.

:weep:

xxx

bottleblond
24-06-11, 10:18
Awwww that is so sad but like you said, he is with your grandma and that is lovely.

So sorry for your loss hun.

:hugs:

Love Lisa
xxxx

MinnieMouse
24-06-11, 10:22
So sorry to hear your sad news. Bless him - 98 that is some achievement and (I hope you don't mind me saying) what a wonderful way to go.. to just fall asleep. May he rest in peace with your grandma.

Love MMx

Ellie-Bear
24-06-11, 11:45
Very sorry to hear your sad news. Like you say he is with your grandma now, they can be together again, and one day you can see them both again :)

Sending you a :bighug1:
Take care of yourself.
Ellie. Xx

paula lynne
24-06-11, 11:56
Big hugs and sending love. We are never ready for them to leave us no matter what age they are. Reunited with Grandma now x :bighug1:

Eternity
24-06-11, 12:16
I'm so sorry for your loss, it's never easy, no matter how old they might be we want to hold on to them.
Lots of love and hugs
Tina :hugs::hugs:

snowgoose
24-06-11, 13:37
so sorry to hear of your loss...........:hugs:

thinking of you and your family and hope the grief is helped by knowing he is at peace and reunited with your grandma .xxx

Magic
24-06-11, 13:43
Sorry for your loss allergy,
Big age,your Grandad must have had a good life.
Good to be reunited with your Grandma xxx
Take Care
:flowers:

allergyphobia
24-06-11, 14:20
Thank you everybody :hugs:

My favourite memory of my grandad recently was when we bought him a laptop. He loved antiques, and collecting, but as he got older he couldn't make it to the fairs so he decided he wanted to buy things on e-bay instead... he was driving up until a couple of years ago...

he called his laptop "that cucumber (computer) thing"...and if you wanted to search for something, he said you had to "doogle (google) it".

He was a true legend and had an amazing life... he served in the way and was also famous in the design industry and has his own wikipedia page :) what an amazing life. He was so lost without my grandma, I can find happiness in the fact they are together again.

:flowers:

london
24-06-11, 14:25
wow 98 what a fighter rip sir god bless

valleybear
24-06-11, 14:50
I am sorry for your loss. Grandads and Grandmas are so special in our lives. They will always be special even though we cannot be with them in body any longer.....they will always be in our hearts. Forty long years since I lost my much loved Grandparents, but I still see their faces and
remember the love today. :bighug1:

macc noodle
24-06-11, 17:20
You have some lovely memories of a very special grandad and grandma that you will hold in your heart forever.

Today you may be sad that he is gone but he is at peace, having led a full and wonderful life reaching the grand old age of 98, and reunited with your grandma.

Wishing you and your family strength and love at this sad time.

Macc Noodle.

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hazel B
24-06-11, 17:59
I'm so sorry for your loss, take care and allow yourself time to grieve.:hugs:

yvonne_uk_98
24-06-11, 23:59
so sorry to hear of your lose, thinking of you and praying for you. sending you some hugs.
:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

allergyphobia
28-06-11, 12:00
Thank you so much everybody for all your lovely words and comfort. :)

Due to the nature of his career he has a whole page spread in the obituary section of a national newspaper today.

I am so very, very proud that he was my grandad.

:flowers: x x x

Gabriel01
28-06-11, 12:07
So sorry to hear to about your grandad. But we can't do anything dear everyone have to go. May his soul rest in peace.

allergyphobia
04-07-11, 15:09
Thank you for all of your kind words :hugs:

It is the funeral tomorrow and I am very nervous. We are all going to my grandads house first where the funeral car will drive by and we will follow it to the crematorium.

My anxiety has been up as I am worried about my dad and how he is coping, he had a troubled relationship with his father and it is playing on his mind. We are all trying to be there for one another.

I chose some flowers for the coffin...a lovely purple and a lovely orange/goldy rose...so summery and cheerful :flowers:

ElizabethJane
04-07-11, 15:40
The funeral/cremation will be the hardest part. My Dad died in April and the funeral was in May. Try to have peaceful thoughts about your Grandad and remember him doing something he loved. Be there for your own Dad there will be other family members to support both of you. EJ

Hazel B
04-07-11, 16:03
I'll be thinking of you. Try to remember the happy times if you can. :hugs:

~glowly worm~
04-07-11, 23:21
Sending gentle hugs,

the cucumber is a lovely memory,

thoughts are with you,

~glowly~ xx

weeble40
05-07-11, 00:22
the funeral is always the worst part, but you will get through it, think of happy memories, he wouldnt want you sad

RIP sir 98 that was some innings xxxx

allergyphobia
12-07-11, 17:29
I just wanted to say a massive thank you to everybody that supported me at this time.

The funeral was one long celebration of my grandads awesome life. His coffin was made from cardboard, (though you wouldn't have known it) printed with a 50s print and on this design were photos printed of all the design pieces he created throughout his career. It looked spectacular. bright, vibrant and completely "out there"...just like him. We had a procession starting at my grandads old house and then moved on to the crematorium. All the granchildren walked behind the hearse up my grandads old road to say goodbye on his last journey, this was very fitting and emotional. A lot of the family wore bow ties as he was renowned for this during his lifetime.

The service was wonderful, with stories and memories shared. I am so proud to be part of his family and will always remember him.

Thank you :hugs:

Vanilla Sky
12-07-11, 18:41
Sorry to hear honey , hugs for you. Wow 98 , what a life and he will be with Grandma , RIP ,

Paige xxxxxx:hugs::hugs::hugs:

RafflesGeorgiou
14-07-11, 14:18
Sorry for your loss, he is now with your grandma and looking over you. I'm sure your making him proud, chin up hun :) Everything will be OK, he doesn't want you to be upset. I'm always here if you ever want to PM me or vent your feelings onto somebody. Take care, Raf. xx

blue moon
15-07-11, 04:02
I am so sorry for lose of your grandad and send you my love at this sad time xx
Love Petra xx:bighug1: