PDA

View Full Version : New on here

Pipcat
24-06-11, 11:00
Hey i'm Pip.
Was told about this site by NHS Direct after called them about 3 weeks ago when i had my first major panic attack, Since then i have been diagnosed with panic disorder. I try to live like i used to pre panic (though i have cut out weed and alcohol as they triggered the attacks more) but i now have a fear of eating as it keeps feeling like the food is getting stuck in my throat (if anyone has tips to help overcome this i would be very grateful), I have to have a bottle of water with me at all times so if i have an attack then i can prove to myself my throat isn't closing as i can still drink.
Sometimes the attacks are bad enough that i sleep on the sofa as i get too hot in bed and get more panicky if my partner is next to me and even brushes against me.
The most frustrating thing is i never know why they attacks happen and they can happen so fast even if i am just doing the dishes etc and i always feel so emotional afterwards.

diane07
24-06-11, 11:01
Hi Pipcat

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

Ellie-Bear
24-06-11, 11:39
Hi Pipcat,
Welcome to NMP. It's a fantastic site, we are all in the same boat!
I too keep a bottle of water with me at all times so I can be sure my throat isn't closing up!
I also had to give up the old 'whaky baccy' as it was making me 10 times worse. Have to find new ways to relax now!
Take care of yourself.
Ellie

Carrera74
24-06-11, 12:40
Hello.

I'm new too but I can so relate to the water thing. A bottle goes with me everywhere!!

My downfall was wine. It was the only thing that relaxed me but I have realised that it was my own worst enemy :(

Take care x