PDA

View Full Version : Wet sensation

Meg37
24-06-11, 12:25
Hi

I would be grateful for any replies about this as I am going away for two weeks tomorrow camping around Europe and I am beginning to panic as I won't readily have availability to a Dr. For the last two weeks or so I have been experiencing the sensation of water droplets on me, it could be my hand, arm, leg, back anywhere and only momentarily. I am beginning to panic about it. I went to the dr and he said it was probably from an increase in activity at the gym but it's beginning to niggle at the back of my head. If I am just sat it doesn't really do it, just when I move which implies to me it might be a trapped or agitated nerve from my Back or something but I'm very worried about neurological diseases. If anyone has ever experienced anything like this could you please let me know as I really don't want to spend this holiday in a constant state of anxiety.

Thank you

choccychompa
24-06-11, 14:31
I#ve never had this, but I remember a few months ago I had a weird sensation as though insects were crawling on me. I kept having to check my arm, etc to see if there were! It was freaky, but it disappeared after a week or so. x

Willowagain
24-06-11, 15:12
Hi,I had this exact same sensation.I felt like water was dripping or being poured on my hands,down my back on my legs etc.it drove me insane.I was convinced it was brain tumour or something else horrible.went to doctor repeatedly..all my bloods were normal except my vitamin b12 was near the lower limits of normal.I went on b12 supplement resigned myself to the fact that it was nothing too serious and eventually it went away.had it for about two months...like I said it drove me mad.try not to worry our bodies can produce many strange sensations and the vast vast majority of these
are nothing to worry about.

Meg37
24-06-11, 16:59
Thank you for your replies, I appreciate you taking the time to respond. Even though I've been to the dr and he took my blood pressure etc and clearly nothing I said raised a red flag to him I still can't just ignore it and carry on, it drives me insane :( I hate having this anxiety :(

looking4answers
24-06-11, 20:01
Ummm I have had this off off and on for many years and I know exactly what you are talking about. When mine started I was in and out of a truck all day so I think its got something to do with the back but then again I found as long as I dont eat anything with orange in it I dont have it, so go figure. Its either a allergy or back issue ,its annoying but it wont kill you.Im sure it will just come and go. Like I have said I had this probally 20 years. Hope this helps.

Toffeeapple
24-06-11, 20:48
Hi, I've got something weird at the moment, but I don't know if it's exactly the same as you, mine feels more like something cold than wet, maybe "damp" at times.
But it's on my feet, calves, back of legs even buttocks sometimes.
Like you it went to the back of my head at one point, which freaked me out.
It doesn't feel like something is being poured on me though.
It's more like when I sit down or put something cold on my skin, it feels like ice (only though clothes though, not on bare skin :huh:
How often does it happen and how long does it last you?
Mine seems to last a long time, especially in the evenings. Also I get chills with it, sometimes I feel shiverish, like if I had the flu, and then it goes away.
Do you exercise a lot?
Because I spoke to the doctor about what I've got (it's driving me crazy and anxious and I'm fed up), and as it happened a few hous after doing yoga, he said to me that he thought it might be an irritated sciatic nerve.
What he said was that if the nerve has been mildly irritated, then it can affect the temperature on your skin, if it's worse you might get pins and needles and if it's properly trapped you then get the pain.
Mine has lasted since friday night.

Toffeeapple
24-06-11, 20:54
Hi, I have just realised that I spoke to you before, so sorry If I've repeated what I already said!!
Also I exercise a lot (mainly yoga) especially recently when it started, and I see that you exercise too, maybe it's linked? Does your thing feel cold or just wet?

Meg37
24-06-11, 22:38
Sometimes it's damp, sometimes it's like a pin and sometimes it's like rain hitting me, it is pretty much always in the same places though just not at the same time! I wouldn't be surprised at all if it wasn't something to do with exercise, whoever said it was good for you!! :/ it freaks me out the most when I can feel it on my face, I hold my self so stiff though because of the anxiety I can't be doing my body much good. It's very reassuring to know other people have experienced the same or similar although I am sorry that anyone else has had to put up with it! I do keep trying to ignore it in the hope that it will eventually just go away but then the next time I go for a walk and it's there I'm back to square one again :(

Toffeeapple
25-06-11, 14:20
Oh well, if it happens after a walk then it must be to do with a trapped nerve?
Do your feet get really cold as well with it? Mine do. Especially the right one.