PDA

View Full Version : Waking with/by fast heartbeat

MidnightCalm
24-06-11, 13:57
I almost always get woken about 3 times a night on average by my heart pounding.
It lasts for a little while but it goes so fast.
:huh:
I can't work out if it's my heart that wakes me up randomly or if it's a dream that causes my heart to pound.
Does anybody else wake up with a pounding heart?
:shrug:

Thank youuuuuu
:hugs:

James1983
24-06-11, 18:46
Sometimes I feel that i half come round and notice my Heart beat. But It could be my sub-conscious then i tend to fall back to sleep. strange:huh:

MidnightCalm
25-06-11, 14:37
I'm always aware of my heart beat. But I'm still waking up lots through the night with my heart racing and sometimes my breathing's fast too.

*clare*
26-06-11, 22:20
I have this occassionally. I suffer with panic attacks now and again. I know that sometimes i wake from a deep sleep and dream and my heart is already beating so fast. Sometimes its brought on panic attacks. The other night i woke after falling asleep on the sofa. My heart already pounding fast, tried not to panic and about 2 mins later it stopped. I put it down to anxiety. Nights times are a vulnerable time as even though we feel relaxed, our bodies are still on high alert, hence, waking with a fast heart rate at times.
I know just how you feel and hope it passes x

Butterfly22
27-06-11, 10:36
Ive experienced this before too, its not very nice at all to wake with your heart pounding very fast. I just have to sit and take deep breaths.

Dibbler
29-06-11, 09:29
I get this with a regularity that is very disturbing and distressing. I have been to the docs and had blood tests and ecg's.
I have been to a cardiologist and similar tests and they all say that I am fine with no issues.

Whilst I appreciate their words it does not mean that I feel "fine" and I can get to the point where I become afraid to go to bed and this feel absolutely drained and "panky" most of the day.

You are not alone

I do hope that you fell better soon MidnightCalm :)

PS - how long has this been happening for you....?

MidnightCalm
29-06-11, 11:59
I'd say its gradually worsened to almost every night over the last 6 months.

I hope you feel better soon too :)

Dibbler
29-06-11, 15:23
ouch - I am sorry for you.

This might sound a little extreme but what helps me is to get up out of bed and go to the bathroom and rinse my face with very cold water. I am not sure why it helps but the jolt seems to ease things off a bit. The worse thing that I can do at times is continue to lie there.

Thanks for your words of support, most appreciated :)

MidnightCalm
01-07-11, 13:43
Thank you :)
I splashed my face with cold water once when I had it, suddenly I broke out iinto hot sweats, it was like the water burned D:

joans60
01-07-11, 14:15
Hi Midnight
Have you mentioned it to the doctor
I sometimes wake with mine going fast
That is the part I dont like and I start to panic

Joanx