PDA

View Full Version : Pee/toilet/public/nervous

Unconnected
24-06-11, 16:02
Hey...I think this Is Anxiety? :wacko:

Its only started happening recently where before going out or while I'm out I feel the need to pee sometimes Its quite bad like ooh I'm bursting... :weep: and I'm fine when I don't have to go anywhere because I don't get this feeling and I could go with hours by watching the tv and not needing..also when I get this feeling...it gets worse when I laugh so I try not to laugh much.. :lac:

I'm going to a concert next sunday and I was wondering what would be the best advice you could give? (with coping with being in a crowd...watching a band without needing to pee)

I've had anxiety for years though soo I don't know why its getting like this now? help?

gracesophia
24-06-11, 16:12
Hi,

Yep - needing to pee is one of the really annoying effects of anxiety. It's all to do with that bloody fight or flight response - you're body is trying to get rid of excess weight in case you need to run away from a mammoth. I am fine when I am at home, but need to go all the time when at work or on a bus, and could go a million times before I leave the house! When I go to gigs I try not to drink too much and not be right at the front, but that is rather annoying and not an ideal solution - would be interested to hear what other people do.

keta
24-06-11, 16:51
Hi

I could write a story about this problem it started 6 years ago when i was pregnant with my son every time i left house all i needed to do was pee it got so bad that i was totally housebound at one stage and would struggle to take my baby boy out for walk in the push chair around the house, I had counselling , been on Citalopram on and off for past 4 years and still haven’t found the solution to it, i developed total agoraphobia because of this. I mean now i can cope on daily basis as i do manage to go to work luckily it’s not far from where i live and do the normal stuff like going shopping etc tho apart from that i try to avoid any activity where there are no toilets available and it sucks because it totally restricts your life. There is so much i want to do but this stupid fear of needing toilet it’s just never ending and crippling for me. I think we just need to brave the situations and increase the anxiety threshold by getting out and about. So my advice would be go to the gig, don’t drink alcohol as that would make you want to pee even more and try to relax, there will be some toilets at hand. Just have fun!