PDA

View Full Version : Hello from a new member

rbulley
24-08-03, 18:31
Hi, I'm Rachel. I'm 34 and been suffering from panic attacks & agrophobia on and off for 10 years. I have always managed to do the necessary, shopping, picking kids up from school etc. but in the last few weeks I have barely been outside the house. Consequently I have become very depressed, not sleeping, eating or doing housework. My husband has been great but I feel a failure, that he would be better off without me. I want to be 'normal'. My kids wonder why we never go on holiday or days out and I'm running out of excuses. My GP has put me on cipramil and referred me to a CPN who I have seen before but I am going to take matters into my own hands and get myself back on my feet once and for all. I found your website by accident today and have been on all day. It is great, I don't feel so alone now!

Meg
24-08-03, 21:46
Hi Rachel,

Welcome !!

You'll certainly find people here who are all travelling the same path to recovery as you are. Everyone is very willing to share information , give tips and bags of encouragement.

So feel free to ask for help and support and share your experiences too.

Good for you for wanting to take control of it and get back on your feet again.

Do you know what set you off this time ?

If you have a few minutes to spare I'd certainly appreciate it if you feel you could fill in the questionnaire a couple of threads down from this one.

Many thanks

Meg

nomorepanic
24-08-03, 22:49
Hi Rachel

Good to see you in the chat room tonight - hope it helped you.

Come back soon

Nicola