PDA

View Full Version : Waiting & worried about smear test results

annie2008
24-06-11, 17:55
Hi Everyone

Well I havent posted on here for over 2 years!! But now Im back! Ive been doing so so well, right up until two weeks ago. I went for a routine smear test and I have conviced myself of the worst! :weep: All previous smears have been fine and Ive not had any probs with anything 'downstairs' but I feel like the panic is starting to get a grip of me. I have googled, yep I googled smear test and of course I homed in on the negative! Like I said I have been doing so well, I still have the odd little health worry from time to time but always manage to tell myself that Im being silly and can recognise my anxiety symptoms to be just that..anxiety. I think what has triggers this is a day before I recieved my 3 yearly smear letter we had to have our dog put to sleep, I was so upset then a elderly family member went into hospital and sadly passed they were very old but still a shock and we are all devasted. Now all I can think about is my bloody smear results, Ive imagined all kinds of horrible things. Like I said I googled it and just fixated on the worst, you have all this information come up, and just keep looking until you find the bad stuff, WHY do we do that?? My sister has her smear 3 days before me & has already goot her results back which were normal so because hers was normal Ive convinced myself well if hers are normal mine wont be!! whats that all about!!??

Anyway thanks for listening :)

haynsey
24-06-11, 20:12
Hi annie,
I ve read your post and had to reply, the problem is that you have had some negative events recently with your dog and elderly relative so you are already feeling low with these events and of course when someone you love dies you automatically think of your own mortality and how fragile life can be.
I myself have had 2 smears this year and both have come back inadequate/unsuitable, but your results will be fine and least you have had your smear and being monitored, you will soon get your results just because your sister had a normal result does not mean that yours will be any different!!

annie2008
24-06-11, 21:27
Thanks for your reply :) Your right, I know your right but this damn anxiety puts those little niggles in your head. Im very tired and emotional at the moment. Reading you reply has made me feel better :) Thank you :)

annie2008
25-06-11, 11:22
Got my smear test results back today, Im in work so got my husband to ring me if they arrived. It was from my GP (usually letter comes from screening centre) its says we are pleased to inform you that your smear is normal, however you do have an infection and we have enlosed a prescription for fluconazole. I googled this and its for thrush! Ive never had thrush before (Im 38) but I am just so relieved my smear was normal that I feel like shouting from the rooftops :yahoo:I HAVE THRUSH :yahoo:

haynsey
25-06-11, 21:58
Thats really good news, i am glad that you have a normal result:)

annie2008
25-06-11, 22:05
Thats really good news, i am glad that you have a normal result:)

Thanks Haynsey really appreciated your reply to my post, calmed me down when I needed it :)