PDA

View Full Version : Back and arm pain, very worried

j2
24-06-11, 19:29
8 weeks ago I woke up with a terrible pain in my upper back/lower neck that seemed to go down behind my right shoulder blade, my right tricep and down the outermost portion of my forearm. From years of having anxiety I am used to having a stiff neck but this is far worse. After about 2 weeks the pain was mostly gone but a week later it was back worse than ever. It is at its worst when sitting at my computer or sitting in a car. I regularly run, swim and liftweights and while the pain is there when working out it seems to get better with activity. But like clockwork the pain returns about an hour later and is worse than when I started. I went to the clinic 4 days ago and the doctor barely looked at me and told me I had a strained trapezias muscle. She gave me some muscle relaxers since I was in so much pain and was not sleeping. The meds help me sleep but don't seem to be helping the problem. My anxiety is getting bad because I keep thinking this is a tumor somewhere or the early signs of a neuro disease. Does anyone have any experience with this? I am really starting to worry.

j2
26-06-11, 19:45
Does nobody have any input on this? Thanks in advance

daybyday
26-06-11, 19:56
Sounds like the dr. said. Strained muscle ad tension. Computer and driving a car holds the arms at an angle that combined with tension can make it hurt.