PDA

View Full Version : Pregnant and even more anxious

morganbird
24-06-11, 19:45
Have just found out I am pregnant. I am over the moon as have had the last 2 pregnancy complications and lost both.
Now I am worried becaus I am worried I am gonna have a heart attack like I worry about everyday and now worried even more that my worries are going to harm the baby...................
Its all very well people telling me to try not to worry but as you know its bloody hard.
I am going for hypnotherapy to see if that will help and also waiting to hear from a someone about cbt but everyday is a struggle because I am so scared of dying:weep: And now i am worried because of baby and panic attacks

MinnieMouse
24-06-11, 20:44
Congratulations Morganbird - that's fantastic news. You'll be absolutely fine. It seems like you are worrying already about worrying but I do understand. Every day your baby will get bigger and stronger and so will you. You are not going to die. If anything, you are going to be monitored even more closely now you are pregnant as you will have all your regular check ups etc and I'm sure these will reassure you. You may even have more support due to your previous complications which must have been very difficult for you.

Let me know how you get on with hypnotherapy - I'm having my first session next Tuesday. Take care of yourself and try to relax as much as possible. Let your pregnancy be the ideal opportunity to 'take advantage' of the situation and put your feet up. Also try and focus on this wonderful positive experience you are going through - each day that passes is one day closer for you to meet your baby!

Take care

MMx

AJS
24-06-11, 22:16
Hi Morganbird

I feel ur pain:-( but u will be ok, I am 26.5 weeks gone now and have not been on here for a few months, it has been a bit of a bumpy road with heightened anxiety, but I've had a lot of life stress aswell like trying to move house and resundancy and family illness. I have stayed on 10mg of citalopram which is not ideal but helps keep me slightly better! Had a big panic attack there which terrified and kickstarted my what if thinking and mow I'm really worried about baby!
It's wonderful news that u r carrying a wee life and although it may be an up and down ride through pregnancy u need to try to remember that it's only 9 months!

Hope u keep well x

morganbird
25-06-11, 07:23
Thank you both so much for your kind words and support.
I am hoping to slowly start picking myself up and concentrate on the baby and getting myself help.
I am looking forward to hypnotherapy as my sister in law has just had it and she said she feels so much better and anxiety has lessened loads.
I will keep you posted on my prgression. Its just so nice knowing I have help on here
Big hugs to you all xx:bighug1: