PDA

View Full Version : Aching all over could this be my anxiety

lees6655
24-06-11, 19:50
Hi my body is aching all over shooting pains in my arms aching joints especially in fingers also back pain and my ribs are aching also had o cough for about 10 weeks on and off . I have suffered with ha for years but its back now and i think i have cancer i have been to my doctors at least 7 times in as many weeks she thinks its my anxiety but iam not sure i have asked her to send me for some tests but she said i dont need them .I did persuade her to send me for a chest x ray but she didn't want to i went yesterday so wont get the results for over a week could this be my anxiety its been going on for 8 or 9 weeks just fed up with it now thinking there is something seriously wrong with me

lees6655
24-06-11, 23:24
Anyone

singinsammy
24-06-11, 23:42
Hugs to u :hugs: Aches and pains are all part of high anxiety. I myself have had this and have had tests, convinced I had something awful, but honestly, it is amazing how anxiety alone can effect our bodies!!
Its a viscious circle, we're so anxious and tense that we hurt...which makes us more anxious...which in turn gives us even more symptoms.... and so on.
If yr gp had even the tiniest of doubts that any of yr symptoms could be something other than anxiety they would refer u for tests..they have to, it's a risk they can't afford to take. A malpractice complaint is NOT something a gp wants to risk.

Our nerves are a very powerful thing and learning to control them is difficult but very possible.

Every time we suffer from an attack of HA we think we can't cope but we always do!
This WILL pass :hugs: xxxx

Anxious_gal
25-06-11, 00:09
Being so tense all the time can cause aching, or at least makes it worse.

MidnightCalm
25-06-11, 06:41
I get such bad pains and aches, from tension I presume, at least everything feels "tense".

lees6655
25-06-11, 13:04
Thanks for your replys just carnt seam to shake this also my skin feels a bit like i have sunburn sometimes

lees6655
26-06-11, 22:56
Hi can anxiety really last more than 10 weeks iam starting to doubt myself again as i dont think my anxiety has lasted this long before and my back pain has started again . One thing i carnt understand is i have had 3 family members aunties and uncles who have died of heart attacks in there late fortys early fifties but iam never worried about my heart its always cancer iam worried about anyone know why this could be

daybyday
26-06-11, 23:00
I have the tension too, and HA, and my anxiety has been on and off for 50 years. Yes, it is true.