PDA

View Full Version : Everyone here visting therapy?

Baster9
25-06-11, 03:55
Just wondering if all of you guys here are visiting therapy. I don't visit any and not taking any medication, it's hard to tell my parents that I might need it because the stuff I'm thinking are really wired. Also I'm quite scared If I do go on therapy they will discover that my symptoms and thoughts are not anxiety related and that I might have some other mental illness related symptoms which is giving me anxiety in the first place. I'm not having panic attacks but I'm really worried. What should I do??? :weep:

James1983
25-06-11, 07:55
Just wondering if all of you guys here are visiting therapy. I don't visit any and not taking any medication, it's hard to tell my parents that I might need it because the stuff I'm thinking are really wired. Also I'm quite scared If I do go on therapy they will discover that my symptoms and thoughts are not anxiety related and that I might have some other mental illness related symptoms which is giving me anxiety in the first place. I'm not having panic attacks but I'm really worried. What should I do??? :weep:

CBT is very good and me feel great but it stopped and i stopped taking tablets and was back to square 1 again. if you feel you need it go for it.:)

LauraSmith27
25-06-11, 09:03
Hi,

I've seen a psychologist before and it really helped. I'm currently waiting for a refresher course of CBT, but in my area it could be 6 months to a year before I am seen :weep:

I used to worry a lot that I might have an underlying mental illness like schizophrenia and was reluctant at first to tell my parents and even my therapist exactly what was going on. When I did though, my parents were totally supportive and my therapist quickly put my mind at rest that I was not schizophrenic! Just goes to show the crazy things anxiety can do to your head :ohmy:

I think if you feel you need help, you should do what's best for you. It's better to get things out in the open than to keep them to yourself and continue worrying about everything.

Good luck :flowers:

Laura x

Baster9
25-06-11, 13:32
Hi,

I've seen a psychologist before and it really helped. I'm currently waiting for a refresher course of CBT, but in my area it could be 6 months to a year before I am seen :weep:

I used to worry a lot that I might have an underlying mental illness like schizophrenia and was reluctant at first to tell my parents and even my therapist exactly what was going on. When I did though, my parents were totally supportive and my therapist quickly put my mind at rest that I was not schizophrenic! Just goes to show the crazy things anxiety can do to your head :ohmy:

I think if you feel you need help, you should do what's best for you. It's better to get things out in the open than to keep them to yourself and continue worrying about everything.

Good luck :flowers:

Laura x

I feel uncomfortable to tell my parents that I'm scared that I might have some mental illness or that I'm on the first stage becoming mentally ill. I also do feel uncomfortable telling that to anyone I know even a psychiatrist. So that's why I'm fighting this by myself. My self confidence is almost non existent I'm obsessively thinking if I'm doing things like a normal person or I've gone mad and that's like almost 24/7, it become a part of me really like when I do something after a second I'm always "checking" if I do that right (like a mentally normal person) or not, maybe a mentally ill person is doing the same, so am I? and stuff like that. I know that stuff is like anxiety related but sometimes everything around me is wired, like I got different view on the things, I'm so forgetful sometimes that I forgot what I did like 1 minute ago and stuff like that, so this symptoms and some other I can't remember now is giving me the thought of THIS IS NOT ANXIETY so I'm quite in a mess.