PDA

View Full Version : Mouth tasting of bleach

xJust_Sarahx
25-06-11, 07:40
Hi,
my mouth tastes of bleach i dont know if its because i have had a bit of a cold recently and alot of phlegm (sorry for detail) in my throat, but i am paranoid my x has put bleach on my toothbrush as we had a big arguement lastnite, but he swears he hasnt. So i was wondering if anyone has had like a bleachy taste in there mouth before. Thanks

James1983
25-06-11, 07:49
Hi,
my mouth tastes of bleach i dont know if its because i have had a bit of a cold recently and alot of phlegm (sorry for detail) in my throat, but i am paranoid my x has put bleach on my toothbrush as we had a big arguement lastnite, but he swears he hasnt. So i was wondering if anyone has had like a bleachy taste in there mouth before. Thanks

my mouth tastes a bit like that now, sometimes my anxiety gives me a funny taste. My tap water at home tastes sort of like bleachy i think it's the chlorine. if You are a bit thirsty might have something to do with it.

Rachel W
25-06-11, 20:10
I agree with James, could it be that the water is a little higher in Chlorine. Last year occasionally I would make a cup of tea and I would have to throw it out, but the next batch would be fine, but the taste lingers. If your ex had put bleach on your toothbrush you would have gagged and smelled it for a mile, there would be no question at all. Also, mucus and such can have a strange flavour and may have collected the taste from the water even if it didn't taste like it directly. I am so sensitive to chlorine that when I came back to the U.S. I had to start using a filter because I was used to lower amounts.

Budgie
26-06-11, 11:58
Hiya Sarah :hugs:

I just wanted to add to what has already been said really, as well as saying hello :)

When I first moved into my flat a year ago, its was a totally new place, and for a while the water had a weird taste to it. I reckon it must have been something to do with the water supplies as I was one of the first to move in and the street was still technically a building site hehe!

I do agree with what rachel wrote about chlorine in the water. I go on holiday to Cornwall a lot (I live up north), and the difference in the taste of the water is quite striking. Also, like James wrote, when I feel really anxious, I get a metallic-y/bitter taste in my mouth, and I was wondering whether, because you had an argument with your ex and feel stressed about that, perhaps that worry is contributing to the taste you are experiencing.

:hugs: