PDA

View Full Version : Another perspective on health anxiety

kingswood
25-06-11, 08:06
I would just like to give another perspective on health anxiety - I too have been grappling with this condition all my life, I sometimes think I was born with it! In October last year I came to a complete standstill thinking I was about to die - all the symptoms everyone here describes came on after a panic attack thinking I had tetanus - bad neck, bad shoulders, twitching in hands, headaches, changes in vision such as flickering, flashes of light, what appeared to be a black fan going round at the top of one eye (!), strange sensations on skin, aches you would not believe, utter despair, unable to eat or drink (alcohol made it worse unfortunately!) shaky hands and buzzing in feet, vertigo, tinnitus, spaced out, sleeping for 12 hours and waking up feeling tired...i'm sure there were more at the time. I went to the doctors who advised a blood test, but I was too scared to go! She also mentioned yoga and gave me a number for a spiritual university - this has changed my outlook and now all my symptoms have gone - I have complete control of my anxiety - I can feel it rise in me and stop it every time. Yes, I still have aches and pains but I no longer fear them nor fear dying. What I am suggesting is that if you have had all the medical tests then it is time to truly think of something different - if anyone is interested I can provide titles of countless books on the spiritual aspects of illness and how it can provide a platform to change your life. There are some great books also on how to change your mind and be in control. There is undeniable proof of the afterlife, so really all this worrying about dying is in vain - I can provide you with reading about that subject too! You have to change your mind - you are in control - if you think all this stuff is "weird" then read up about leading edge science which is changing its viewpoint on the world in which we live - from a mechanical universe to a mindful universe. Please email via the website and I can send you a list of books that helped me.

Hope this gives you some food for thought - I am not advocating not going to the doctors but when all your physical tests come back negative then give this idea some thought!

To all fellow worriers on this journey of life. X

Mazzmate
25-06-11, 11:17
Hi Kingswood, I enjoyed reading your post, and I am glad things have worked out for you by taking the spiritual path, our lives need the holistic approach as our minds, bodies and spirit all get affected when something goes wrong, I shall definitely be emailing you for a list of books.