PDA

View Full Version : Please can someone help me

billywhizz
25-06-11, 14:50
Over the last month I've had so much stress, split with my wife for a week, had to move out of our home and now we are moving into the new house on Monday so I've been working hard packing and trying to deal with everything else, including my wife being diagnosed with bi polar.

For me tho this last week I have been getting increasingly anxious. It started with a few dizzy like spells, and a lot of head pressure. Including sinus pain.

Up until yesterday I was coping with it, although I went to the docs yesterday and had a full blown panic attack in his room. He didn't know what to do, he just sat there looking at me and asked me if I ever felt like harming myself, then he asked me to fill in a questionnaire. Great idea while I'm sitting there dying.

I felt absolutely awful when I came out, he referred me for a blood test to test for overactive thyroid, I tried to tell him I'd been stressed and I've been having sinus problems but he just didn't answer anything, he even prescribed me sleeping pills, after I'd told him I was sleeping fine.

When I got home, I had another panic attack, my arms went weak and I felt really faint, I cudnt sit down for hours, I was just pacing the room.

This morning ive got really bad head pressure, in my nose, eyes, on top of my head and my forehead. Also I'm getting some really weird like dizzy feelings, really off balance and my legs are feeling wobbly. I suppose it feels a bit like a migraine but I don't know.

I need some reassurance guys, I can't stop thinking about it being something deadly serious.

Help me please

choccychompa
25-06-11, 15:31
Oh honey :hugs:
I'm so sorry to hear you're feeling so terrible. It's no wonder you have all these symtoms; you've been so stressed. I know myself that when I'm stressed the health anxiety goes through the roof :ohmy: I can't believe your doctor. Grr :mad: It just goes to show that some GPs are still more comfortable with colds and rashes... as long as they can prescribe something and send you on your way, they think they're doing fine. Perhaps you can see a different doctor? I recently went to see the GP for the first time in about five years and he was lovely, so I know there are some nice ones out there.

Take care of yourself, and give yourself time to rest and get over these panic attacks. They take a lot out of you! The symptoms you are experiencing are all classic anxiety ones. I've had them all and more :wacko: The horrid thing about anxiety is that it keeps throwing new and 'interesting symptoms your way too. So look out for those and don't be alarmed. Big hugs to you :bighug1:

billywhizz
25-06-11, 18:48
Thank you for the reply, today has been a little better so far.

Still feeling spaced out but I think it's down to yesterday's episode, I'm still tired but the head pressure has eased a little.

I think I will see another gp next week if I feel strange still. It's just this spacey weak feeling I have now.

Thanks again, I don't usually get many replies on here for some reason.

Tyke
26-06-11, 02:17
Hi Billywhizz

Sounds like classic anxiety symptoms to me. You've been under a lot of strain and your body just can't cope with it all. When I was feeling stressed my doctor put me on Propranolol - a beta-blocker, which helped reduce physical anxiety symptoms. It sounds like you might benefit from something like that. Like Choccychompa says - could you see a different doctor?

Tyke

Tero
26-06-11, 04:32
Yes, stress will do that for you. We are all a bit too stressed in our 9 to 5 life. Try to enjoy the weekends, make time to relax with family.

daybyday
26-06-11, 04:50
I also have had the same symptoms that seem to match others also of anxiety.
Hope it settles and you have relief.

jessicalittler79
26-06-11, 04:58
hey hun ive had bad head pressure myself for 1 year now everyday all day ..its awfull ..i just want u to no u are not alone...if u need to ask me a Question feel free...ive been threw it hun ..take care hope u feel better soon