PDA

View Full Version : 5htp and vitamin b6

ben16
25-06-11, 17:38
Hi i am currently taking 5htp 50mg capsule 1 in morning and 1 at night.on the bottle it says it includes vitamin b6 5mg. do i still need to take v b6 with this as i hear a lot of people do but then i dont know if its included in the 5htp they have if that makes sense. i noticed a small difference in my anxiety and depression for a few days but then i feel back to how i was. ive been taking it for 6 days. should i up the dose or give it time?????

MinnieMouse
25-06-11, 18:35
Hi Ben16

I've been taking 5HTP for a while now and never knew it contained vitamin B6 so thanks for that! Just went and checked mine (Holland & Barrett) and mine has vitamin B6 too. I tend to take two of them an hour before bed but with regard to additional B6 in another vitamin tablet I guess it would be dependent on the amount in the other one and whether that and the amount in the 5HTP adds up to the recommended daily amount. I don't think I've heard of any B6 overdoses though....!

I would carry on with it if you're not experiencing any side effects from it - I don't seem to.

MMx

xhyperyogix
25-06-11, 18:41
hey you guys! Do you think htp helps?? I've taken it on and off, and never seem to carry on long enough to make up my mind or not!!!

ben16
25-06-11, 18:43
Hi yes mine is also holland and barrett.I just wasnt sure wether all 5htp contains vit6 and if not thats why people take the vit b6. i think i'll keep with the 5htp and just add extra vit b6 to be sure im getting enough.
thanks for your reply
Ben x