PDA

View Full Version : Why Do I Read Medical Articles!!

SH2727
26-06-11, 15:15
I really need to learn not to read and believe everything I read!!

My latest anxiety concerns my nails! Yep, my nails!

I have horizontal ridges running across my thumb nails and big toe nails. I read that these ridges could be a sign of a serious underlying illness!!

Has anyone else heard of this or could it just be I naturally have ridges in my nails. I can't say I have noticed them before I read this article but then again maybe it was because I wasn't looking for them!

I had a full blood count taken about 6 weeks ago for something else and they came back normal, so do you think I am worrying unnecessarily?

Thanks for any advice/reassurance.

:)

jaynjaylyn
26-06-11, 15:30
I have the same thing!!! Except I have them in all my fingers and they are more like dents than ridges. I showed my doc and she didnt seem concerned at all. I too had a full blood count taken and all was normal. I think something would have showed up in the blood test if it was anything serious.

SH2727
26-06-11, 15:44
Yes that's what I think, surely we are all different and not all of us can have perfect nails! Medical reports and articles are so scare mongering aren't they?

countrygirl
26-06-11, 21:01
Yep I have the dents in both my thumb nails at same place???? If I runmy finger over the nail I can feel the valley at same spot on both thumb nails. I have had these for past 10 yrs at least!

daybyday
26-06-11, 21:07
I have dents and ridges. Of course years of anxiety nail biting and picking didn't help either.

SH2727
26-06-11, 21:23
I have them in my toe nails too, very faint ridges. According to Dr Google, I am seriously ill!!! Yes I know Dr Google is lethal!

Thanks for your messages everyone, you have put my mind at ease. x

daybyday
26-06-11, 21:28
I noticed them in my toenails also.