PDA

View Full Version : Citalopram Question

Alex82
27-06-11, 05:46
Hi Guys

i have been given citalopram for anxiaty and panic.
This is my 12th day of taking it during the first couple of days i felt really good.

Now i feel really tired and drowsy going to sleep really early just drained

is this normal ?

VickiS
27-06-11, 08:13
Yeah its pretty normal, the tiredness hit me around the end of 2nd week/beginning of 3rd, I still have days where I'm really lethargic but other days I'm fine, once the meds settle into your system it should calm down

pinkdove
27-06-11, 08:15
Hi Alex, I think you are feeling some side effects from the citalopram, which normally subsides after about 2 weeks, so you are nearly there, and yes this is quite normal untill your body adjusts to the citalopram, keep taking it as it will help you, and the tiredness will subside, i had all these symptoms when i first started, and it did settle down, hope this helps take care xx :hugs:

Ingenious
27-06-11, 11:02
Yes completely normal :) You are going to get side effects and these may last a few weeks more, but hang in there, it does pass.

Alex82
30-06-11, 04:45
Thank you all for you reply's

:bighug1::bighug1::bighug1::bighug1:

amiastar
30-06-11, 10:56
hi im on my 7th day of citalopram i seem to yawn all the time icant stop bit of a head ack and im kinda drawsy but at peace witch iv neva really felt i was just wundering if there are scarey side afects to cum should i of started this meds if its that bad to get off? x

no_name
30-06-11, 11:48
don't give up the medication, the side effects will go away in a couple of weeks... there's nothing to be scared of, it's very good medicine and is one of the safest for threating such conditions

VickiS
30-06-11, 11:49
Hey there

Not everyone gets SEs, we are all different and if youre on day 7 and feeling good then I would stick with them, most SEs you get straight away, just remember a lot of people have had great success with these meds, I myself have had some awful SEs and that's only on 10mg but I do believe it's worth it to get better and things are settling down for me now :)

Alex82
30-06-11, 12:07
hi im on my 7th day of citalopram i seem to yawn all the time icant stop bit of a head ack and im kinda drawsy but at peace witch iv neva really felt i was just wundering if there are scarey side afects to cum should i of started this meds if its that bad to get off? x

me too could not STOP yawning ahahah

no_name
30-06-11, 12:44
I am taking a 40mg dose for 3 weeks now, after being on 20mg for 1.5yrs, but still couple of hours after taking the pills i feel e little tired and yawning a lot:)