PDA

View Full Version : I googled.

sandy40
27-06-11, 07:40
Hi ive not posted for a while as my HA has been kinda under control,howere its sky high again.Ive had rib pain for a good few months i had a chest xray in April and it was clear but the pain is still sore,i see my gastro dr this wed,but i googled sore ribs and lung cancer came up..im beside myself with fear,why the hell did i google.

football12345
27-06-11, 14:42
Same here, convinced myself I've got a pituitary tumor and diabtes insipidus from Googling. Ugh :doh:

M155anthr0p3
27-06-11, 16:27
Oh my god Google is the enemy!!!
We must stop looking on there. I do it for every pain & twinge & it really is not a good idea. I haven't done it since last week (not that I haven't been tempted).
xxx

sandy40
27-06-11, 16:46
Im in sheer panic,im also very windy,im burping all the time,could it be wind,i drink alot of fizzy juice and coffee? x

football12345
27-06-11, 16:49
Im in sheer panic,im also very windy,im burping all the time,could it be wind,i drink alot of fizzy juice and coffee? x

Trust me I know how you feel regarding the sheer panic. I am 100% convinced I've got pituitary tumor and diabtes insipidus. :/

Horrible!

sandy40
27-06-11, 17:02
Tom, Have you been to your doctors? x

baileys
27-06-11, 17:17
ive had left side rib pain for a couple of years. I put mine down to an anxious tummy and bad posture,
Sorry to ask such a daft question but what makes you think (apart from dr google being an expert in all things:lac:) that you have lung cancer, you had a chest x ray in april. If that was me i would be convinced that i didnt.

sandy40
27-06-11, 17:29
Hi Baileys,cancer is my biggest fear..so every pain i get i think thats its cancer,the fear controls my life.My posture i guess is bad but my ribs feel bruised and a being squashed feeling,i see my gastro dr this week do will mention it to him,im terrified.x

football12345
27-06-11, 17:31
Tom, Have you been to your doctors? x

Yep had a full blood test done but they can't pick up a pituitary tumor and diabtes insipidus. Other tests needed for this I think.

Might go back tomorrow. :/

sandy40
27-06-11, 17:38
its awful,i cant remember the last time i never worried about the big C...x

baileys
27-06-11, 17:44
Hi Baileys,cancer is my biggest fear..so every pain i get i think thats its cancer,the fear controls my life.My posture i guess is bad but my ribs feel bruised and a being squashed feeling,i see my gastro dr this week do will mention it to him,im terrified.x

I can understand the fear of cancer but you have to sometimes put your sensible head on and realise that if you have had a chest x ray done a few weeks ago then lung cancer cant be the cause.