PDA

View Full Version : anxious because of eye problem

Libby
27-06-11, 09:12
I feel really down at the moment because I can't stop worrying about my eye.

I'm getting some scary sensations inside my head like eye pressure and a numb kind of nipping behind and a little under my left eye. This is really freaking me out. I've been to my GP 4 times with it and he says it's just stress but I am worried because it's persistent. Also, my left eyelid is a bit slow to open when I blink sometimes - this seems to go hand in hand with the numb nipping sensation. GP didn't seem concerned but I don't feel at all reassured. I'm in a constant state of anxiety - monitoring every twinge - and then the panic attacks flare up.

Please, can anybody relate to this because I feel like I'm the only person in the world with this bizarre eye prob.

anxietyoverload
27-06-11, 11:25
anxiety has a huge effect on your eyes! i see lines, flashes and floaters and theres nothing wrong, its just my anxiety, if your worried go see your optician :)

darcy
28-06-11, 16:51
oh bless... i soooo know how your feeling right now.. ive had an issue with my eye for the last couple of months too.... i think its all the 'normal' things that go hand in hand with anxiety!
ive got a bit of a lazy eye but the one thats not lazy always feels tired and odd and the lid is droopy (slightly) im always aware of that eye and its so annoying!!! im sure we'll be worrying about something else in a few weeks time.. i always have a little look back through all the posts ive put on here and have a little chuckle at how daft i sounded but at the time was genuinly scared !!!
i'm sure your fine tho so try not to worry :hugs:

xxxxx