PDA

View Full Version : Worried about meds im taking

ames
27-06-11, 09:15
Hi
I am a bit worried about citalopram. I have been on them all in all for about 10 weeks but only 5 weeks on 30mg. Although they are working on my anxiety and depression some what, I still have this weird spaced out feeling, particularly when out, and when hot. I'm worried that it is the meds doing this and not my anxiety!! If I could get rid of this feeling I feel I would be so much better, but I'm worried it is the meds so won't go. I can't change meds at the moment because my wedding is coming up and haven't got time to get used to new meds. I was on 10mg of citalopram for 4 years before coming off them earlier this year (stupid thing to do) and I still had that spaced out feeling then, but not all the time.
I am also a bit worried about my diazepam in take. I have been taking them for about 4 years (2mg) as and when needed but have recently been using them more, I find I need to take one or two everytime I go out, so will most likely have one or two a day. I fear that I am getting dependent on them.
Sorry for babbling on but I could just do with some advice and reassurance.
Thanks. Xx

Ingenious
27-06-11, 10:52
Yes it is possible you could be getting a spaced out feeling from the citalopram. It certainly made me feel a little floaty/spaced from time to time. This may well lessen as time goes on, I know you've been on them for a while now but still some side effects do gradually subside as time goes on. Also when do you take them? Do you take them at night?

You say that you had a similar feeling on 10mg but not all the time, so it does sound dose related. You have to decide really whether these effects are outweighed by the benefits of being on 30mg, if not, speak to your GP, maybe a lower dose would suit you? There are no set dosages with these tablets, everyone is different and I am afraid it really is trial and error to find the best dose.

Good luck with the wedding :)

ames
27-06-11, 11:12
Thanks, I take them at night. I am gonna see over the next few weeks, I think the anxiety does not help, as as soon as I get the feelings I fear them, so makes it worse!! I am reading through Claire weekes at the moment, so hopefully that will help. I think she is brilliant!! Xx