PDA

View Full Version : Doctors appt at 10.30 - please help

haziefantasie
27-06-11, 09:36
Ive booked an emergency doctors appt at 10.30 & Im really panicking. Its a new doctors as Ive just moved house, I really cant cope with how Im feeling but Im scared theyll admit me to hospital as I think Im a danger to myself. Should I be honest with them & tell them everything or play it down? Im so scared Im going crazy :weep:

LucyR
27-06-11, 09:45
Hi, I think you should tell them everything. If you are a danger to yourself and you bottle it all up then they cannot give you the help you need. I hope all goes well for you at your appointment.

haziefantasie
27-06-11, 14:05
Hi Lucy

Thanks for your reply :hugs:

I did tell her everything & she was really nice. She said its no wonder Im anxious after everything Ive been going through but has changed my medication from fluoxetine to citalopram (apparently citalopram is better for anxiety). I just really hope it helps as Im so sick of feeling like this x

LucyR
27-06-11, 14:43
Hi Hazie, Glad it went well for you, a lot of times it is much more just the anticipation of going to the doctors than the actual appointment when we get there, then we go away wondering why we worried so much about nothing.

Alicat
27-06-11, 22:39
I hope the new meds help x